Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from a ride up at US129 and Cherohala Skyway this past weekend and stayed at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge. They happened to be hosting a GA. BMW club rally and it gave me the idea that there may be some of you all in the Southeast region that would be willing to set aside a weekend for such a trip. I'm thinking September or October would give us sufficient time to organize an event.
Please post your interest on this thread or PM me if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Some local Victory clubs have been doing these kinds of things over the years. Just post what you are able to set up here and see who can join. I missed the local chapter's ride so I have still not gotten the chance but your days are running out as it gets colder and Once November is here, you may well have to contend with snow so my recommendation is that you would need to do it this weekend or the next (at the LATEST) or just wait until next spring

·
Registered
855 Posts
I would be interested in it also which I live bout 45 min from the dragon and bout 30 from the skyway

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd do it, but not this year.
Of course we would be looking at September/October of 2015. I'll see what the folks at Ironhorse say about organizing an event.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would be interested in going.

One other thing to consider is a SE Rally in the Farmville, VA area. In 05 or 06, I believe, there was one of the very first Victory rallys held there. I was a great time. The roads are fantastic and even Lloyd brought his dyno trailer down....

If it was in 05, it could be a sort of 10 year anniversary of the event.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is a rally in Georgia in June so I'd like to be respectful of those folks by no scheduling it too close in time or distance.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thats another reason I suggested the whole Farmville thing. Some people like to go to The Dragon occasionally anyway. Plus, this year, I think there was something there with some of the Florida guys that will probably be repeated. Farmville has no particular zing or appeal, it just worked well. Event was at vacant fair grounds. You could camp if you wanted. Several good motels. There was a nice sports bar there that offered shuttle service to and from the fairgrounds, and motels. That first one was a little unorganised, but a hell of a time. They had music and a tat artist. Dealers have changed a lot since then. Could probably bring on in from Roanoke and maybe near Richmond........

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd be delighted to do one in VA. The Maggie Valley Rally had the best rides I've been on. Long, fast and twisty.
The Maggie Valley rally is pretty close both in time of the year and geographically. Maybe it would be a possibility to combine.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I don't have a whole lotta time (work 60+ hrs a week), but I can do some of the legwork if needed. Good motels; camping if desired; lots of food places; I've got a bud with cooker trailer for BBQ; some good bars in area; a couple of good tattoo joints (plus my son would love to a rally as a warmup for Sturgis); dragstrip a little over an hour away in Petersburg; couple of fairly close Victory Dealers and at least 1 generic bike shop in Farmville that sells "stuff" and works on all major brands..... Lots of good possibilities. Anybody had any experience in putting one together?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts