Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Does anybody have any pictures of their Jackpot or Vegas with the MBW light smoked LED rear turn signal installed?

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on it, but I can't seem to find too many pictures with the lights installed.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Hey All,

Does anybody have any pictures of their Jackpot or Vegas with the MBW light smoked LED rear turn signal installed?

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on it, but I can't seem to find too many pictures with the lights installed.

Thanks.
Had them on my Jackpot, but took them off cause everyone riding behind me would tell me they could not be seen during the day. Awesome at night.....a bit pricey too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had them on my Jackpot, but took them off cause everyone riding behind me would tell me they could not be seen during the day. Awesome at night.....a bit pricey too.
Damn, not the answer I was wanting to hear, but thanks for the answer. Do you happen to have any pictures of when it was installed?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I don't have pics but I can tell you from installing a bunch and riding behind people with them. You can't see them in the sunlight. Thats the tinted ones. The non tinted are very bright.

I didn't install them on Porti because I personally don't like the huge gap between the tip of the fender and the tire. It is really a HUGE gap about 8 inches!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have pics but I can tell you from installing a bunch and riding behind people with them. You can't see them in the sunlight. Thats the tinted ones. The non tinted are very bright.

I didn't install them on Porti because I personally don't like the huge gap between the tip of the fender and the tire. It is really a HUGE gap about 8 inches!!
Are you referring to the dark smoked or light smoked ones they have now?

The clears would stick out too much for my liking.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I'm referring to both. The light smoke isn't as bad but if the sunlight is behind the rider you may as well not have rear lights and thats for both light and dark tint.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm referring to both. The light smoke isn't as bad but if the sunlight is behind the rider you may as well not have rear lights and thats for both light and dark tint.
Yeah, I just don't know what to do. I have a side mount license plate and need to figure something out with those lights in the back.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Damn, not the answer I was wanting to hear, but thanks for the answer. Do you happen to have any pictures of when it was installed?
Sorry bro, but better you know now then later after dropping $$ and not being what you wanted.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I would really really recommend AGAINST the tinted lights. I would hate to hear that you go rear ended because someone could not see your brake lights.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Personally I think they look like crap because the LED strip is white. SO you see a black fender then this looks like a sore thumb white strip along the edge.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the link. They are definitely less expensive then the MBW ones. I'm just unsure as to how the clears will look on my black fender.
I agree, just shopping and saw them. I am in the same boat as you. 06 black jack, I want something to stand out and is different from my buddies who have the MBW. Diamond and Noemtz, what are the turn signal lights you guys run? I read it somewhere here but can't find it.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Mine are the Kuryakyn's. There are a lot of different brands out there that will work. Kewlmetal and Conquest Customs sells bullet style lights.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I agree, just shopping and saw them. I am in the same boat as you. 06 black jack, I want something to stand out and is different from my buddies who have the MBW. Diamond and Noemtz, what are the turn signal lights you guys run? I read it somewhere here but can't find it.
Black bullets? Black bullets with the chrome bezel? Chrome bullets with a black bezel?

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Just FYI and my experience with the MBW strips...And please, who ever has these on their ride, do not take this the wrong way.

I purchased the MBW strip and installed it on my at the time Black 07 Jackpot. After about a year of hearing "NOEMTZ...YOU CAN'T SEE THOSE AT ALL DURING THE DAY WHILE I'M RIDING BEHIND YOU" I figured really didn't care what other people thought, because I wanted to clean up the rear of that fender. BUT, a few months later I started noticing that they started to flare out on the ends, causing them to stick out away from the fender. After posting my problem on another site, alot of other MBW owners were chiming in having the same issue. I contacted Jennifer at MBW and was given every excuse in the book on how I didn't install them correctly or adjusted them correctly. I even went as far as sending them pictures of every possible angle of them installed and the problem.....BUT, they just gave me the run around and would keep telling me that there was no way that this was possible. That I must have done something to cause the problem. After being accused of sabotaging my own LED strip, that was about all I could handle so I yanked that sucker off and went with bullets. IMHO...the MBW LED Light Strips are Over Priced JUNK....just my opinion.

The bullets in the picture I have posted are Kuryakyn LED . They worked great for a while till I fell in love with the look of some new "Visor LED Lights" that I bought at Dennis Kirk.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...in&catId=&productId=p212014&leafCatId=&mmyId=

I mounted them with a custom made under fender mount from Outlaw Chrome. http://www.outlawchrome.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16196&cat=249&page=2

·
Registered
173 Posts

I purchased the MBW strip and installed it on my at the time Black 07 Jackpot. After about a year of hearing "NOEMTZ...YOU CAN'T SEE THOSE AT ALL DURING THE DAY WHILE I'M RIDING BEHIND YOU" I figured really didn't care what other people thought, because I wanted to clean up the rear of that fender. BUT, a few months later I started noticing that they started to flare out on the ends, causing them to stick out away from the fender. After posting my problem on another site, alot of other MBW owners were chiming in having the same issue. I contacted Jennifer at MBW and was given every excuse in the book on how I didn't install them correctly or adjusted them correctly. I even went as far as sending them pictures of every possible angle of them installed and the problem.....BUT, they just gave me the run around and would keep telling me that there was no way that this was possible. That I must have done something to cause the problem. After being accused of sabotaging my own LED strip, that was about all I could handle so I yanked that sucker off and went with bullets. IMHO...the MBW LED Light Strips are Over Priced JUNK....just my opinion.
Noemtz, I actually noticed the same problem with mine this afternoon. I'd love to see what they say when I had the victory dealer install them before I picked it up :mad: Hope the pic helped.-Chris

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts

Noemtz, I actually noticed the same problem with mine this afternoon. I'd love to see what they say when I had the victory dealer install them before I picked it up :mad: Hope the pic helped.-Chris
I sure hope you have better luck then I did.thumb up

1 - 20 of 48 Posts