Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put my 04 Kingpin with only 20,000 miles on it, up on the jack, started her up and slipped it into first gear. There is a loud, in conjunction by a softer, banging noise that is not rhythmic . It seems to be coming from under the engine near the transmission. Very clunk, clunk. Also have a clunk when riding and letting off the gas. Any guess as to what this might be? Where do I start?:confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles, I wish I had a clear answer for you, but all I have is a question.

If you provide a light drag on the rear brake, does the noise change in a significant fashion?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Is your sound somewhat of a rattle? Followed by a clunk getting on the throttle? Clutch in does it still make the noise? I'm thinking your torque compensator....

·
Registered
361 Posts
You might want to check your primary drive sprocket/pully. They have been known to come loose and make sounds similar to what your describing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any mechanics aboard

Thanks guys. The noise continues with both the clutch and brake applied but I can not hear it when it is on the ground either in neutral or in gear, or while driving. I will check the other suggestions. It only has 20,000 on it so I am thinking it is something simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts