Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2013 Victory CCT... What was Victory thinking ?? Looking into repositioning the spring to add some more snap when TRYING to set it in place... and to KEEP it in place. :mad:

·
13,185 Posts
GOOD LUCK

There is no place to move it. It is what it is.

By the way if you un hook the spring you better be the Hulk to put it back in place

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hate comparing.

Hate doing this comparing. I personally like the Victory stand much better than the Harley side stands. Also the one on my old MotoGuzzi really sucks for me, it is way to far forward. ....Yes I have almost dropped my XRs at a gas station, the stand was on some uneven concrete, but I did catch it. I always try to look down at it now when putting it down to be sure it looks and is seated good.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
whats the problem with yours? did you drop the bike? when you put the stand down push it all the way forward and set the bike down, not to tricky.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed...

With the spring off, and bending it into a C shape I put 3-4 pennies into every 2 or 3 ring up one side, then did the same to the other side.
That extended the spring by an inch or so evenly. Got my auto brake tool that I use to put springs on to car drum rear brakes and was able to slip it on to the bottom of the kick stand. The other end was put on the bottom of the engine into an eyelid first that I found about an inch inbound from the orig. mount. It now has the right tension on it when extending it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts