Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about adding a alarm on my Jackpot but not sure if they are really worth the hassle. I would just like to have something to keep people off my bike when it is parked. I don't mind people looking and admiring the bike I just worry about someone tipping it over. As most of us know these bike can be kind of heavy and I'd hate something o happen to my bike or someone else.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of alarms are best for Motorcycles? I would love to hear what everyone has to say.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Hey Kylryn,
I use a disc lock for security but you could try googling motorcycle alarms. I just did and got 6,000,000 results in .22 sec.s

·
Registered
368 Posts
Great looking bike and cool looking garage floor. what is it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been thinking about adding a alarm on my Jackpot but not sure if they are really worth the hassle. I would just like to have something to keep people off my bike when it is parked. I don't mind people looking and admiring the bike I just worry about someone tipping it over. As most of us know these bike can be kind of heavy and I'd hate something o happen to my bike or someone else.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of alarms are best for Motorcycles? I would love to hear what everyone has to say.

Thank you
I use the Gorilla 8007 alarm on my Vic XCT and FZ6. Very happy with them, cheap price, easy to install.

You do need some space to mount the alarm unit (under seat in my FZ, inside the fairing on the XCT). The alarm is set off by the shock sensor (adjustable sensitivity) and tilt sensor and has a key chain remote.

I'm not familiar with the amount of storage, if any, available on your bike so if you don't have room, the disc brake alarm is a good option. Just remember to take it off before you start moving! :p

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I've got MogoTrack on my 2012 XCT. It's send you a text message if bike is moved or tilted up. It tracks the bike all the time. If bike leaves a set area that you set, parking lot or such it sends a text. You can go on computer or smartphone and check its status or location any time you want. If it is stolen, whether it is rode or hauled on a truck or trailer you can track its exact location. So far, it has worked great. You can check it out @ www.mogotrack.com........

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all, some good points. I never considered about the space being an issue. That might be a problem.

Thank you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking bike and cool looking garage floor. what is it?

That's my Man Cave! I had it professionally dont after doing the garage floor in my past homes with the stuff you get at Home Depot or Lowe's to only peal up I gave up! I dropped about $2,000 on my 3 car garage to have it done, ITS SO WORTH IT! They used epoxy after the paint and oil, gas pain stain you name it just wipes right up. The wife thinks I live in there and I should just move my bed in there too! Already have the TV in there and my tool box I got at Lowes has a car stereo built into it with speakers so I have music, Now I just need a fridge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts