Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a big guy, 5'7" and 145 lbs.

I get comments often on my Kingpin Tour: "Isn't that bike too big for you?" Etc.

Fact is the Kingpin is the only Victory we short people can comfortably handle at low speeds and in parking situations because of the low seat height. I have no real problem with it, other than trying to park it on gravel!

Any other pint-sized riders riding the massive Victory?

I will tell you this: This bike has no idea I'm even on board and positively flies! cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I was 5'7" 145lbs in 4th grade . :ltr: Just kidding , (not really) but that KP must be one well balanced machine , and easy to handle for a guy your size to ride without problems . Its a testament to the KP's design . Why Vic dropped the line is a mystery to me .

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've honestly weighed +/- 5 lbs of the same weight since age 18 and that was 17 years ago! It's a blessing and a curse.

·
Registered
586 Posts
My son's 5'8" and maybe 145. He's only been allowed to throw a leg over my Kingpin. Looked like it would be a fine ride for him though. Sure is grinning in the picture I took!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I am 5' 9" and 185lbs the only Vic's I found huge where the baggers. Is the Kingpin bigger than my Highball or the Vegas? My Highball fits me oh so perfect! (Sigh) now if winter here in Calgary would just **** off I could ride her again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm not a big guy, 5'7" and 145 lbs.

I get comments often on my Kingpin Tour: "Isn't that bike too big for you?" Etc.

Fact is the Kingpin is the only Victory we short people can comfortably handle at low speeds and in parking situations because of the low seat height. I have no real problem with it, other than trying to park it on gravel!

Any other pint-sized riders riding the massive Victory?

I will tell you this: This bike has no idea I'm even on board and positively flies! cheers
try 5'3" on an CCT...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
try 5'3" on an CCT...
I've never ridden the Cross Country but I'm sure at 5'3" with stock seat height that is tip-toes at stops?

When I've ridden my cousin's 2003 V92TC I have to tip toe it on one side at stops which seems much less stable than I feel on my Kingpin with both feet flat down and knees slightly bent.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I've never ridden the Cross Country but I'm sure at 5'3" with stock seat height that is tip-toes at stops?

When I've ridden my cousin's 2003 V92TC I have to tip toe it on one side at stops which seems much less stable than I feel on my Kingpin with both feet flat down and knees slightly bent.
Yep. Which is why I immediately lowered it and put a carve out push forward seat.

Now with riding boots flat footed. Still not with sneakers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife tells me all the time that the KingPin fit her better than my present Cross Country, I am 6.2 and she is 5.8, the KP was lighter and easier to handle and a good fit for a wide range of riders. Pesonally I prefer the comfort the XC provides just wish I could find a higher push back seat giving the pasenger less room, the wifes complains that there is too much of a wind gap between us.
Good luck with the King Pin,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm 5-4 170# and find my 07' Kingpin very easy to handle. My only issue is my aftermarket Mustang seat. It's too heavily padded for my short legs (28" inseam). I'm trying to locate an inexpensive original seat for it or taking it to an upholstery shop to be reworked. I've been licensed for cycles since 1961 (68 years old) and my Kingpin is the most pleasant ride I've ever owned. I rode V-Star 1100s for several years and they were excellent and trouble free, but lacked the engine performance and expressway stability of my Kingpin .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts