Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So my Highball arrived from an out of state dealer (not Victory) with a scratch on the tank. :mad:

I contacted the dealer and they are willing to pay to get it fixed...pretty cool of them. thumb up

Any recommended paint shop in IL that can fix a black matte finish?

THANKS!!

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Hi,

So my Highball arrived from an out of state dealer (not Victory) with a scratch on the tank. :mad:

I contacted the dealer and they are willing to pay to get it fixed...pretty cool of them. thumb up

Any recommended paint shop in IL that can fix a black matte finish?

THANKS!!
As far as I am aware, you cannot "fix" or remove scratches on matte finish paint, so you're looking at having the tank repainted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was afraid that was going to be the answer….

I called 3 Victory dealerships and none were able to help, and/or provide a number to a paint shop that could help.

I called a number of automotive body shops today, and all mentioned that they’d have to see it in person (I can understand that).

I had one person ask if it’s powder coated or not. He indicated if it’s powder coated, he can’t help me.

Does anyone have the details behind the matte paint that Victory uses?

I'd like to have the dealership pay to get fixed, but I'm running out of energy on this...I attached a picture of it (it's not minor to me)

THANKS

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I do plenty of paint work and alot of paint shops will tell you that matte black and flat black are normally something they hate to try to fix or match. As for fixing that, the only fix would be to repaint the tank since you cant wet sand blend and buff a matte finish due to the buffing process will shine the finish up.
You are probably better off telling that dealer ship to just order you a new tank from victory that is already painted. It will most likely end up coming out around the same price if you find someone to repaint it.
Good luck!!
If you where alittle closer i would say bring it on over and we can get you fixed up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts