Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Any pipe recommendations for my 15 CC

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  SMTCapeCod 
#1 ·
Hello all, looking to get some more hp and tune the bike nice. Usual stock setup currently, not getting the low end torque etc..going to start off simple and roll for a year or 3 with stock cams. I'll be adding pcv and Lloyd's air filter in near future. What pipes do y'all have and do you have the rundown on what additional/avg hp increase they provide. Appreciate your time and recommendations. Hope all is well,
Cy

#2 ·
You're gonna get a plethora of replies.

I started off with my 10' XC using nascar6 rebuilds. They were ok.

On my current XC, I started with stock, went to D&D's, too tame, unwrapped the baffles, still no joy.

Went to Vance & Hines, this is the sound that our bikes should make!!! If you want a tad tamer sound, you can get a set of baffles and put them in. My .02 worth, I'm sure lots are gonna jump on this bandwagon.......

#3 ·
Welcome from CT. There are many options to new mufflers. Mine, for example, have the OEM innards removed and replaced with glasspacks. Many folks here have done this "Thrush mod" (try a search for that!) with great results.

There are a couple of folks here who are 'recoring' OEM mufflers with new baffles. User dtmmil here is one such guy and I have seen and heard the results of his work first hand.

There are several commercial options available, but now the cost is going to climb to about $560 and more.

#5 ·
Where does he get Miller Mufflers? Oh yea, that's right: dtmmil
:D :D :D

#6 ·
I know I'll prob get a ton of advice on this and I appreciate it from everyone. Like to do a lot of research and put thought into it before I pull trigger rather go with the right choice for me. Also when u guys do your remap with a pcv what's a good rev/rpm limit that won't push engine to much. Want to keep it efficient and healthy for a long life. Thanks again,
Cy

#8 ·
when u guys do your remap with a pcv what's a good rev/rpm limit that won't push engine to much. Want to keep it efficient and healthy for a long life. Thanks again,
Cy
My limiter is stock, and I have only ever hit my limiter once; that was just to see where it was.

#7 ·
All of the slip ons will give performance gains. Your best bet is to go to a Vic gathering and see and hear them for yourself as it is very difficult to describe volume and sound on line.
As for rpm's, the stock cams can't spin fast enough to hurt the engine. Set it at 6,000 rpm's just because you can, but the engine will lose power way before that.

#10 ·
My Jones packs aren't loud either. Did 125 miles with my wife on Sunday and she didn't mention them. That's a win for me!

#11 ·
Drew Miller(dtmmil) makes a great set of mufflers. The cost will be much less than any of the name brands. But most impotently Miller Mufflers kick ass....you will not be disappointed in performance, sound or quality.

#14 ·
+ another 1 for the Miller Mufflers.
Hey Drew get over here and sell this guy some stuff.

also make sure you pick up an adjustable timing wheel. thats absolute best bang for your buck

#15 ·
As long as you don't just gut the stock mufflers and aren't chasing bragging rights for numbers, almost any slip on will do what you want. If all you want is a better sounding pipe and a little bit more power, why not support a small business and pay less in the process, I would also advise Miller Muffs.

Your best bet for that low end grunt will be the adjustable timing wheel and a tune. Mufflers are great for sound, but unless you're doing more extensive work, the stock mufflers are actually pretty good. If you are going to tune the bike anyways and have the funds, I suggest the timing wheel, filter, and a decent pair of mufflers with a PCV to top it all off.

Have a fun time modifying the beast!

#16 ·
My Miller Mufflers helped net me almost 100 HP ... My HP and TQ curves were unbelievable , and KMC said the flow of my mufflers had a lot to do with it ... Thanks Drew !

#17 ·
Sound will come with many options out there. I'm looking for power and functionality. Just ordered timing wheel, emailed miller on cost to do pipes ( any clue on cost), getting a pcv directly from my brother who works for the company who makes them, all advice is appreciated. I'll have it tuned and dyno nice. Any tips to ask when it's dyno'd? Just looking to build a clean machine that's fast n mean ; )
Cy

#18 ·
If it's a this-or-that type thing, and you really are after better low end torque, I'd put money on a fuel/ignition tune- ie timing wheel and tune, more so than pipes.
And/or maybe a smaller rear drive pulley.

Edit: Oops, now with reading eyes in^^, I see you are on the timing wheel...all the kit now on the list w/intake pipes and tune will get great results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.