Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a recent owner of a beautiful 2012 XCT and noticed that there is no way to lock my bike . My previous bikes were both Hondas and they had a lock on the neck. Just trying to see if maybe I'm missing something here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
One of the few shortcomings in the Victory line. I bought an alarmed disc lock that I use when parked at a hotel overnight on trips. Just be sure to get a reminder coil to strap onto your handlebar- you don't want to take off when the lock is still on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
pull the key and walk away

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just in case some knucklehead falls in love with my bike as I did . I want to make it a little more difficult for him to take off with it.

I'm thinking of even using some kind of a heavy duty lock and chain that you would use on a bicycle.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Just go purchase a disc lock... That way at least it can't just be rolled away and loaded into a truck via ramp.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I use a disc lock and also have a motion detect alarm with remote. It can even sound off if someone is too close to the bike. It will send a signal back to the remote.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thank you all for talking me into it . Today after work going to look into getting a disc lock . Still amazed that Victory overlooked this .
Thanks again all for the info .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts