Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone in Minnesota, preferably around the Twin Cities, that has V&H Hi-Output pipes on their Cross bike. I'd like to hear them in action before pulling the trigger on them.

Thanks!
Rob

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
are you wanting sound, looks? out of mufflers? i have a couple sets of my rebaffles floating around the cities, they look stock though, since they are rebaffled, but are half the price if V&H and performance is comparable

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both sound and looks. I have the Tri-Ovals now, which look great, but don't have the sound I want. Sound clips of the V&H in video seem to be more like what I want, but it's hard to tell from video & a computer.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
gotcha, good luck! if you decide you want to take a listen to mine let me know, i can try to set you up

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just put V&H slip-ons on my '11 XC. I listened to all the sound bites on You Tube before I bought them, and now that I have them I can tell you that the sound is pretty close. If anything I think mine are a little louder, but not obnoxiously loud. I really like them. It might be just me but I do feel a little more heat on the right side when I stop. But I do like them.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
+ 1 on the Miller Mufflers , half the price or more and leaves you plenty of dough to buy the tips of your choice ! They sound the bomb too !

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the continued tips.

If anyone shows up with V&H in MN please chime in...

Rob

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you wanting sound, looks? out of mufflers? i have a couple sets of my rebaffles floating around the cities, they look stock though, since they are rebaffled, but are half the price if V&H and performance is comparable
What do your pipes end up sounding like compared to Tri-Ovals or the V&H? Can you do your mods to Tri-Oval internals or just stock pipes?

I really like the look of the Tri-Ovals but I just don't think they sound good at lower RPMs. From the vids I've listened to the V&H have the rumble I like. Not 'loud', but not muzzled like stock.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
What do your pipes end up sounding like compared to Tri-Ovals or the V&H? Can you do your mods to Tri-Oval internals or just stock pipes?

I really like the look of the Tri-Ovals but I just don't think they sound good at lower RPMs. From the vids I've listened to the V&H have the rumble I like. Not 'loud', but not muzzled like stock.

Thanks,

Rob

mine are louder then the tris, i started off this spring with them so i have a comparison. ive been told muscle car like from customers. Beast30 here has them. shoot him a pm maybe you can hear them in person. i have a set of tris here that ive been meaning to rework, but they wont be terribly easy to do by design, they have to fit together just right inside. i just have to get time to see what i can do. as for the V&H i have never heard them in person so i cant say.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
My Miller Mufflers are deeper and louder than the V&H depending on what baffle you have in your Millers. The V&H with the louder baffle is the only ones I have heard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts