Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched awhile and couldn't find anything about earlier bikes. I know on the later bikes you can un-plug the O2 sensors to help a bit.

I just installed some Hacker Zoomies and I'm still waiting for a PC3 to arrive. I noticed that the bike runs a little warmer than before and was wondering if there was anything I could do in the mean time so I could ride it around without hurting it.

I was thinking about pulling the MAP sensor out of the air box so it wouldn't see as much vacuum and possibly dump more fuel? The only other "mod" it has is a K&N air filter that it came with when I bought the bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The bike is a 2005 Hammer.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
The MAP sensors in 99-07 are really BARO sensors. They are above the throttle plates, and do not see vacuum. Only way to richer without a controller is with a TPS adjustment, and you need dealer software to do that 02-07.
Short answer.....Not really

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I noticed that when I cleaned the throttle bodies. Seems like a poor way of monitoring air flow. I guess I figured that there would be slightly more vacuum inside the box due to any restrictiveness of the stock air box, but its probably negligible. Guess I'll just wait for the PC3 to arrive.

Anyways, do you think its safe to ride conservatively for the time being?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Yeah I noticed that when I cleaned the throttle bodies. Seems like a poor way of monitoring air flow. I guess I figured that there would be slightly more vacuum inside the box due to any restrictiveness of the stock air box, but its probably negligible. Guess I'll just wait for the PC3 to arrive.

Anyways, do you think its safe to ride conservatively for the time being?
Fine around town. Steady cruise is the biggest concern

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
You could restrict the air intake and the 'choke' effect would richen it I would think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts