Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Wow...not even motorcycle related. It would be nice to be able to go to a website without being inundated with political ideologies. We're gonna have enough of this CRAP from all 3 parties soon enough...I would at least like to go to my favorite sites without having to deal with half truths, half lies, right wing lies, left wing lies, and placing blame on the President of the day. Geesh.

·
Registered
851 Posts
...Don't like it, support the ACLU...
That would be like inviting the wolf to guard the hen house from the fox!!!

I'd rather write my Congressman about how I feel. After all, if Congress didn't pass it than the President could not have signed it. One thing though, from what I've heard most Congressman's offices check to see if you actually vote or not.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
And just for the record...This is not a new law. It was originally signed into law in 2001 by President Bush. With the exception of some very minor tweaks, this is essentially the same law that has been in effect since Bush signed it in to law. Nothing more than an extension of an old bill.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm a huge fan of free speech and will defend to death everyone's right to express it, but......

My experience has been that everyone eventually will not like what other folks post. In that regard maybe the Admin's should put in a separate Politics and or Religion forum.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wasent trying to say it was the presadents fault I was just posting to see what people had to say on the topic. This is the general section and there are alot of non-motorcycle related topics on here so don't get all butt hurt. I agree this is only a slightly modified version of the last bill, I just think its funny that they are signing our bill of rights away again like its no big deal and I didnt hear about it for several days after it was signed. I don't get on the Internet like I use to be able to so this is the only forum that I come close to frequenting so I posted it here. I honestly just thought it was interesting and thought some others might as well, I'm not jumping head first into the bunker as I type this.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I vote to cut all of Congress and the Senate loose and replace them with the active members of this forum. We always seem to quickly resolve problems with courtesy cooperation. Exactly the opposite of what those we elected are doing.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I vote to cut all of Congress and the Senate loose and replace them with the active members of this forum. We always seem to quickly resolve problems with courtesy cooperation. Exactly the opposite of what those we elected are doing.
There's no money in it for us.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
There's no money in it for us.
$174,000 / year + $$$$ for staff, travel, per diem, etc., etc., etc. Not forget all the $$$ and goodies from lobbyists and that re-election campaign war chest.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Wow...not even motorcycle related. It would be nice to be able to go to a website without being inundated with political ideologies. We're gonna have enough of this CRAP from all 3 parties soon enough...I would at least like to go to my favorite sites without having to deal with half truths, half lies, right wing lies, left wing lies, and placing blame on the President of the day. Geesh.
thumb up cheers

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yet you list nothing that would support this statement. Hmmm.
Not trying to start an argument since I doubt very highly either side will change the other; ESPECIALLY over an internet forum. So suffice to say that I would never be confused with a bleeding heart liberal (and I know people who PROUDLY claim that title). With that in mind, I would not recommend joining with a group that I have very little in common with, and actually disagree with for a majority of their ideas and tactics.

Instead I recommended that if you disagree with the decisions our government is making then write your Congressman. Just make sure that you are registered to and actively vote if you want your opinion to matter to them thumb up

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
$174,000 / year + $$$$ for staff, travel, per diem, etc., etc., etc. Not forget all the $$$ and goodies from lobbyists and that re-election campaign war chest.
Yeah, but then we will need campaign funds to keep our jobs and will have to bring home the bacon for our constituents and soon enough, we'll be fighting just like them. It's inherent in our system's design.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts