Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious! (And also needing my 2nd post so I can post elsewhere!)

I had a 2003 Honda VTX 1800R for the past 9+ years. A great bike with many positives (hydraulic clutch, shaft drive, liquid cooled, a ton of horsepower, over 31,000 relatively trouble-free miles) and a few negatives (firm suspension yielding a rather stiff ride, mediocre fuel economy, somewhat excessive tire wear, time-consuming valve adjustments). Overall, an enjoyable experience but it was time for a change to a more comfortable and suitable touring bike. I simply did not like any of Honda's choices. I prefer the cruiser "look". The Goldwing, to me, looks like a 2-wheeled car. To make a long story short, I attended the American Victory Rally in Spirit Lake, IA a few weeks ago and got hooked!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had a VTX 1800 C model for 8 years. Sold it last year and bought a Kawasaki Voyager 1700. Boy that was a mistake. Anyway own a Vision now and it is a great handling and smooth riding bike. It handles better than my VTX and I used to scrape the pegs off of it all the time. Love the Vision !

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 2004 VTX1300S. Great bike and I really enjoyed it. Honda did a bang up job and I hated seeing them get canned.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Own a VTX 1800r and a Vision. Commute on the X and tour 2 up on the VV. Seriously thinking about trading or selling the X and getting either another Valk or a Cross Country. Love the grunt on the X but like the ride on the Victory a lot more!

·
Registered
931 Posts
I might be headed that way. Been looking at vtx and valk, though 6 carbs on that valk sounds cool I fear to many trips for fuel lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
LOL. Know what you mean. Put over 170,000 miles on two of them and miss the things. The VTX really has been a trouble free ride so far and I've got no complaints besides the rear suspension. The Vision is the finest ride I've owned so far. Love the thing and would drive it a lot more but momma don't like that, it's "our" bike. :not worthy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts