Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 kingin and every time i wash it, it develops a mind of it's own. it starts with lights on dash flashing than the engine light comes on it begins to misfire and will die, it will restart but dies right away, has anyone else experienced this, not sure if it's in the wiring harness , handle bar switches, headlight wiring, if i let it dry off, unplug wiring harness plugs and let it stand evenually it dries out and will run alright, tried to avoid spraying harness plugs with no avail. it always happens but not always right away most of time it's later in the day when i riding that this occurs. love the bike just aggravating, and would like to correct.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I don't know your style of washing but I will cover some tips.

No power spray or hard spraying of water what so ever. This will force water into nooks and crannys that can effect electrical and down the road effect lubed parts.

Use a light spray or steady stream of water especially on all controls and drive train components.

Be careful not to spray water into the headlight bucket.

Do not use compressed air to dry the bike as this can force water into nooks and crannys.

Dry controls and headlight bucket first. Then move onto the tins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts