Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mine need replaced, a little reading here on the forum leads me to think that many people have had these fail prematurely. I plan to buy the bars bushing kit aftermarket, but I need a step by step breakdown on what needs to happen first to install these, how difficult will it be and what the steps/process is? Help please...

Aaron

·
Registered
75 Posts
Its not a hard process at all, just a little time consuming. I did a Kingpin swap on my '04 Vegas this weekend and it went pretty smooth. What you want to do is pretty self explanitory... take off all the accessories (speedo, bars, clips, etc) and let them hang to the side. You'll need a 30mm socket to pull the top tripple nut. Loosen the top pinch bolts and the teipple clamp should slide right off.

Now I'm not sure if you'll have to pull the lower tripple out or not in order to pull the top bearing out (note: my bike has a sealed radial bearing on top and tapered bearing on bottom... not bushings). If you do, there is a special torqueing sequence to properly set and preload the lower tapered bearing when going back together. I think you should be able to hook the top bearing without pulling the lower/kingpin out. When going back together the top nut needs to be torqued to 74 ft-lbs. Let me know if you need the instructions for the entire front end R&R.

Good luck. cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another tip: Putting some info of your bike in your signature will help us know what kind of bike you're asking questions about.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is for a 2007 Ness Jackpot...

Wow, this sounds much more complex than I was expecting...I didnt want to have to remove the top triple tree...All I need to do is replace the bushings that surround the 2 bolts holding the Ness Fly bars to the top triple tree...the OEM rubber bushings are shot. I can almost get the bars out but the cables for the speedo/clutch/brake are holding me back. Do I have to remove the controls? If so, do they just slide off the end of the bars after being untightened?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Lol, your op sounded like your triple tree bushings were bad. To remove the handle bars you don't have to remove the triple tree. Just remove the controls from the handle bar, which is pretty easy then remove the bolts from under the triple that are holding the hanle bars and it should come right off. thumb up

·
Registered
75 Posts
Haha, yea... I definitely misunderstood what you meant. Pull the 2 bolts out of the bottom of the top tripple clamp and pull the bars off... might need to pull the little bolts holding the cable guides to give a little slack if you haven't already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts