Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the knocks on the XR is that there is not much excess wire and cable to change out the bars. I have been told by a number of folks that even stock OEM CC bars will not work on the XR.

One of the few bars offered that will is the Chubby, but I am not sure how much further back they will come. They must be narrower for the wires and cables to interchange.

I have changed out the seat to a Mustang Daytripper and it sits me back further.

To the XR guys who run these bars, what do you like about them other than the fact that they are just fatter?

·
Registered
173 Posts
4 inch,
If you want some stock XCT bars to experiment with I have a set in the garage now. I could let you give them a shot and pay me if you decide to use em.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Only cable that runs short is the front brake. You can get a 2-inch longer than stock brake line for around $20, ready to bolt on. I've got a steel braided one for $30 shipped (28" lenght with banjo bolts, crush washers, connectors already mounted).

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4 inch,
If you want some stock XCT bars to experiment with I have a set in the garage now. I could let you give them a shot and pay me if you decide to use em.
That sounds like a winner. This weekend looks like a good reason to ride down your way if you will be around.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only cable that runs short is the front brake. You can get a 2-inch longer than stock brake line for around $20, ready to bolt on. I've got a steel braided one for $30 shipped (28" lenght with banjo bolts, crush washers, connectors already mounted).
See above post and stay tuned thumb up thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Im runnimg the mitered chubby bars for the XC on my XR, the pull back is perfect for me and i like the way they look. I didnt need to change any cables.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please check your PM about them thar brake lines :D

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Please check your PM about them thar brake lines :D
Got mine from Motorcycle Superstore. It's $36 now, but when I got mine it was $30 (I might have used some coupon too, but I don't remember). Receipt says $32.39 including shipping.

Anyhow, here's the one I've got (although there are other choices) and it hasn't failed me yet (no leaking, no rust, no issues):
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28909/i/streamline-universal-braided-stainless-steel-brake-line?WT.ac=SLIsearch - the 28" fits my HighBall/HardBall apes.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a steel braided one for $30 shipped (28" lenght with banjo bolts, crush washers, connectors already mounted).
I read that thinking you sold them too. :crzy: oh well...........

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts