Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a week to ten days where I'm going to be free and I just want to get the hell away from my little town in Arkansas and get with some new guys and ride. Would really like to head to N. Carolina/ S. Carolina or Tennessee. Really anyplace in a good sized area with great riding roads. Anybody game to meet and just ride and waste time for a week or so?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Man that would be great. I have already took 2 big trips this year. Momma prolly wont let me booooo.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Just did some of that area starting with a little town in AR ( Eureka Springs ) Then across TN, NC, and ending up in Helen , GA .. Was a Great Ride ..

·
13,235 Posts
You have 10 days why not go up to pikes peak. Save the other rides for long week ends

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have 10 days why not go up to pikes peak. Save the other rides for long week ends
Thanks for the suggestion. Pardon my ignorance but where is Pikes Peak? The riding is just a part of it. I'm wanting to hang around some towns, visit attractions and just be out and about. Doesnt all necessarily have to be on the bike at all times. I'm looking to move to the Southeast (Carolinas I love) or so I'd like to hang out in the general area. I purchased my bike just out side Charlotte and then rode the Blue Ridge Parkway starting in Asheville..... absolutely loved Asheville but was only there for a day so.......

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
From Ashville, head south to Lake Lure and the area around there. You might ride through a town I'd love to live in just to have that postmark and return address--Bat Cave. Its near Chimney Rock, a neat, if erotic looking attraction.
My favorite riding area are the roads in the mountains of northern Georgia. There's a motorcycle only resort there; Two Wheels of Suches...its the old TWO, only greatly improved. That would be a fantastic base and from there you could do your own Shamrock Tours, ala RoadRunner magazine. If you go there, head for Dahlonega, not too far from Suches, if only for the giant chocolate, caramel, pecan turtles at the candy shop on a corner in the town square. Yumm!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Off of I-40 head towards Smithville, TN towards McMinnville. Take HWY 30 to the skyway. I live on 30. If I can I'll take you through some roads less traveled. Keep us updated on where you are. Safe ride.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
it ain't stock...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Off of I-40 head towards Smithville, TN towards McMinnville. Take HWY 30 to the skyway. I live on 30. If I can I'll take you through some roads less traveled. Keep us updated on where you are. Safe ride.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
it ain't stock...
Thanks. I lived in Jackson, TN for 6 years coaching high school. I've been to Nashville and Murphreesboro quite a lot. Been to knoxville a tiem or two. I will keep you updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts