Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see a price?
Yeah, you're right. I don't know what to ask. I was hoping for someone to make me an offer in the next week or three, and I'd somehow figure out that it was reasonable. Ya know, divine intervention, or something.

If that doesn't happen, I'll have to dig deep, do some soul searching or something, and figure out a rock-bottom reserve price to set on eBay. Back in 2007, I put my 2000 Valkyrie Interstate up on eBay -- with some reserve price that I managed to figure out. It worked out well, i.e., there was a little bidding action, and I bested my reserve by a thousand or so, as I recall.

I figure here that if someone's seriously interested, they'd contact me with some kind of offer, and maybe I'd just go for it. Save me the trouble of doing the eBay work.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Yeah, you're right. I don't know what to ask. I was hoping for someone to make me an offer in the next week or three, and I'd somehow figure out that it was reasonable. Ya know, divine intervention, or something.
Bill, you crack me up.... :grin I hate to see your Vic on the block, even though I knew it was going to happen... On the other hand, you do seem very happy on the scoot..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got one that might be going up too, soon. Evidently since Victory clearanced out all their accessory stock, doesn't seem like anything is gonna be available before long. What good is having a bike if you can't buy accessories for it. So much for the 10 yr parts and service law!!!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I've got one that might be going up too, soon. Evidently since Victory clearanced out all their accessory stock, doesn't seem like anything is gonna be available before long. What good is having a bike if you can't buy accessories for it. So much for the 10 yr parts and service law!!!
Yous said it, "10 years parts and service", not clothes and accessories. Parts are things like belts, switches, bolts, filters, etc. Accessories are windshields, sissy bars, chrome add-ons, etc. If you really like your bike and want to keep it then you need to buy any of those accessories that you have been wanting or an extra of things that would be hard to replace like a windshield or passenger backrest. That is what I did because IMO there is no other bike that fits me as well as my XR does.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Yous said it, "10 years parts and service", not clothes and accessories. Parts are things like belts, switches, bolts, filters, etc. Accessories are windshields, sissy bars, chrome add-ons, etc. If you really like your bike and want to keep it then you need to buy any of those accessories that you have been wanting or an extra of things that would be hard to replace like a windshield or passenger backrest. That is what I did because IMO there is no other bike that fits me as well as my XR does.
Luckily after the cams..... I'm completely done doing things to my Vic................. :ltr:

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't see a price?
After I originally responded to you this morning, I put a price-tag of $11,000 on it (and edited the original post there).

You interested?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
7 cat pelts? :grin
What kind of cats?

If you want to talk in US dollars, and we reach a deal, I'll ride the bike down to you, from Albany, NY, and fly home. I've done the NY-TX-NY trip before on the XCT -- I have a daughter & family who live smack dab in Houston.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts

What is it that you're looking for? Haven't you taken advantage of the best ever pricing on everything Victory Motorcycles related since January 9, 2017? Fact is, Victory Motorcycles has been murdered, killed off by their parent. They're dead and not coming back. Many dealers dumped everything they had, many sent all/part/some of what they had back to Polaris. And now Polaris sold all those accessories and apparel items at over 60% off. I'm not sure what your expectation is for a company division thats been closed.

If you want to be able to go to a current or a former Victory dealer for the next 10 years to maybe buy a new t-shirt, chrome doo dad or maybe a pair of Victory logo gloves, dump your CCT and move on asap. But then please don't post how mad you are at the low price you dumped your CCT for. It's a down market right now for Victory stuff. That means it's a buyers market, not a sellers.

The reality is, you don't actually need Polaris for just about anything you'll ever need or want for your CCT. IMHO, just about any part and accessory, NOS, used, reproduction, or aftermarket will be available for your CCT for a very long time. Well past the 10 year nonsense Polaris spewed out. Remember, the people who said the 10 year stuff are the same ones who were talking about new bikes, models and motors to come for Victory on January 8, 2017.

But the actual availability of Victory parts and accessories will very likely outlast you, me and our CCT's. But in actuality, if being rear ended by Polaris gets you mad enough to sell or trade off a perfectly fine motorcycle, then like I said, move on asap. Life is simply too short for such nonsense. Repel the Victory is gone drama, don't attract it.

Ride more, worry less. That sir, is the best antidote there is for a Victory owner. Whatever you do, I hope it turns out to be the best motorcycle decision you ever made.

Sorry Bill, I didn't and don't mean to highjack your thread.

PS - $11,000 for this CCT is an amazing deal. Likely the best around, anywhere. Plus it's the second nicest color the CCT ever came in.

·
Registered
483 Posts
What kind of cats?

If you want to talk in US dollars, and we reach a deal, I'll ride the bike down to you, from Albany, NY, and fly home. I've done the NY-TX-NY trip before on the XCT -- I have a daughter & family who live smack dab in Houston.
Sir, you can have your pick.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
That is a very good asking price and all of us on here know how well you have taken care of it. I was actually considering trading in my XR for a XCT last year but that of course changed back in January.

·
13,188 Posts
My feeling Polaris/Victory will only have the basic parts.
Belts brake pads gaskets and motor parts. There will be no body parts or seats might not even be windshields or chrome doodads.
There is NO law that says Polaris/Victory has to have any parts period.
A motorcycle is not a necessity like a car where they have to supply parts.
When Indian had the revtech motor and went out of biss there was no nothing around for them to buy nothing.
You want extra stuff go out and buy a backup Vic for parts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I agree with Johnny, if you want and add on part then better be buying it now. Not that the particular part you want won't be around on fleabay or something but it is hard to predict the price of said part and its availability at the time you need it. I tore a 1973 Kawasaki enduro down to the frame and though some parts took a while to either find or find for a decent price, I still got what I needed. I am pretty sure Polaris sold many more cross bikes in the US than Kawi sold these little enduros so the parts will be there. Things like side covers and saddlebags IMO will be the biggest problem because they are not being made anymore and as time goes on those parts will be in stronger demand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sure wish you would decide to sell your Heli bars separatly :wink

·
Registered
291 Posts
My feeling Polaris/Victory will only have the basic parts.
Belts brake pads gaskets and motor parts. There will be no body parts or seats might not even be windshields or chrome doodads.
There is NO law that says Polaris/Victory has to have any parts period.
A motorcycle is not a necessity like a car where they have to supply parts.
When Indian had the revtech motor and went out of biss there was no nothing around for them to buy nothing.
You want extra stuff go out and buy a backup Vic for parts
Actually there is, in California anyway:

CAL. CIV. CODE § 1793.2 : California Code - Section 1793.2

(a) Every manufacturer of consumer goods sold in this state and for which the manufacturer has made an express warranty shall:
(3) Make available to authorized service and repair facilities sufficient service literature and replacement parts to effect repairs during the express warranty period.
(d)
(2) If the manufacturer or its representative in this state is unable to service or repair a new motor vehicle, as that term is defined in paragraph (2) of subdivision (e) of Section 1793.22, to conform to the applicable express warranties after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer shall either promptly replace the new motor vehicle in accordance with subparagraph (A) or promptly make restitution to the buyer in accordance with subparagraph (B). However, the buyer shall be free to elect restitution in lieu of replacement, and in no event shall the buyer be required by the manufacturer to accept a replacement vehicle.
(A) In the case of replacement, the manufacturer shall replace the buyer’s vehicle with a new motor vehicle substantially identical to the vehicle replaced. The replacement vehicle shall be accompanied by all express and implied warranties that normally accompany new motor vehicles of that specific kind. The manufacturer also shall pay for, or to, the buyer the amount of any sales or use tax, license fees, registration fees, and other official fees which the buyer is obligated to pay in connection with the replacement, plus any incidental damages to which the buyer is entitled under Section 1794, including, but not limited to, reasonable repair, towing, and rental car costs actually incurred by the buyer.
(B) In the case of restitution, the manufacturer shall make restitution in an amount equal to the actual price paid or payable by the buyer, including any charges for transportation and manufacturer-installed options, but excluding nonmanufacturer items installed by a dealer or the buyer, and including any collateral charges such as sales tax, license fees, registration fees, and other official fees, plus any incidental damages to which the buyer is entitled under Section 1794, including, but not limited to, reasonable repair, towing, and rental car costs actually incurred by the buyer.

So if Victory sold even 1 brand new bike anywhere in that state, they would be required to provide parts for up to whatever the longest possible express written warranty is. And since we all know how "sue happy" cali libs are, I can assure you, that is most likely why Polaris made the statements they did regarding parts availability.

·
Premium Member
13,658 Posts
The reality is, you don't actually need Polaris for just about anything you'll ever need or want for your CCT. IMHO, just about any part and accessory, NOS, used, reproduction, or aftermarket will be available for your CCT for a very long time. Well past the 10 year nonsense Polaris spewed out. Remember, the people who said the 10 year stuff are the same ones who were talking about new bikes, models and motors to come for Victory on January 8, 2017.

But the actual availability of Victory parts and accessories will very likely outlast you, me and our CCT's. But in actuality, if being rear ended by Polaris gets you mad enough to sell or trade off a perfectly fine motorcycle, then like I said, move on asap. Life is simply too short for such nonsense. Repel the Victory is gone drama, don't attract it.
Well said Mark. Also good to remember, just to keep it in perspective, Harley dealerships, at least the ones around here, don't even work on Harley's that are older than 10 years old. They don't stock parts for them either unless they just happen to fit a newer bike.

Of course the aftermarket with Harley is huge so parts is not a problem except for the really old ones. Panhead parts are still readily available.

·
Premium Member
13,658 Posts
So if Victory sold even 1 brand new bike anywhere in that state, they would be required to provide parts for up to whatever the longest possible express written warranty is. And since we all know how "sue happy" cali libs are, I can assure you, that is most likely why Polaris made the statements they did regarding parts availability.
Oh no! You mean we have something to thank Cali for? Who could have imagined it!?

:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts