Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all, and all the best for 2013...

Wondering if anyone has added this kit to their bike and was it worth it...

i have a Power commander 5 fitted, the timing mod seems to favour under 2500RPM..

Appreciate any feedback,

Regards,

Derek cheers cheers

Adjustable timing gear

http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000125

Idle air control valve

http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000078

Quarter turn throttle ring

http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000124

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Howdy Derek. I can only comment on one of the items listed right now. The idle air valve. It worked very well on an 09 Jackpot I had for getting rid of around 90% of the popping I got from the stage 1 kit with 2-1 pipes from the dealer.

I wanted to get the 1/4 turn throttle kit but they won't work with the grips I'm using on the XC. Maybe they will with the Kury grips on the KP.

I have received the mechanical timing gear adjuster but haven't installed it yet. Other priorities are in the way first. I did hear enough good things about it to invest in it though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bob,

thanks for the prompt reply..given the time change..
priority for me i think would be the timing kit and air valve..

Power commander works great 3000rpm and above..if the timing mods helps down low..this bike will be super..

only popping i get is on decel...way down low in RPM when idling to a stop..

appreciate the feedback,

regards,

Derek thumb up

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK anyone on the timing advance kit..??

·
Registered
98 Posts
The 1/4 turn throttle is awesome - a must have.

Timing gear is good & well worth the money. Makes the bike better - but it doesn't completely transform the bike.

What transforms the bike are the cams. Should be first mod on bike!
A super must have IMHO.

2012 XCT
Cams&1/4 turn throttle were installed at the same time. Timing gear a few months later.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you notice any difference in performance with the cams below 2500rpm...?

My understanding is that the Power Commander and Cams enhance performance above 2500rpm, and the timing mod assists below 2500 rpm..

Cheers Derek cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe a little bit. But it also changes the engines willingness to rev.

The bike was barely broken in with ~2K miles on it when the cams were added.
It did not like to run under 2700 rpm but felt like an unhappy Singer sowing machine above 3100.

The cams changed all that to where it spins freely from ~2500 to redline. You often find yourself at 4K without meaning to.

The timing gear smoothed out the low end below 2500 - but didn't make it a torque monster.

Bike has D&D slipons & PCV/AT

Note: I had the chance to ride an identical XCT without the cams but with ~30K miles on it. It revved a lot better than my bike sans cams - that's why I attribute it to the mileage. I can only imagine what the cams will do to a well broken in bike.

Hope this helps. Happy New Year to you guys Down Under!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Maybe a little bit. But it also changes the engines willingness to rev.

The bike was barely broken in with ~2K miles on it when the cams were added.
It did not like to run under 2700 rpm but felt like an unhappy Singer sowing machine above 3100.

The cams changed all that to where it spins freely from ~2500 to redline. You often find yourself at 4K without meaning to.

The timing gear smoothed out the low end below 2500 - but didn't make it a torque monster.

Bike has D&D slipons & PCV

Note: I had the chance to ride an identical XCT without the cams but with ~30K miles on it. It revved a lot better than my bike sans cams - that's why I attribute it to the mileage. I can only imagine what the cams will do to a well broken in bike.

Hope this helps. Happy New Year to you guys Down Under!
Hi, do you get instructions with timing wheel? Ive ordered one.
Do you start at a certain setting?
Is it easy to dial in?
cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts