Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask because I am wondering if anyone else is having any issues with decel popping. I had mine professionally tuned and I have a PCV but I just can't seem to get it to stop. The place that installed and tuned it is being really great about trying to resolve the issue but he suggested that you may not be able to get rid of it with some pipes.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't have them, I have stage 1's but I rode with a guy a couple weeks with the exact same bike as mine, even same color and he had the Big Honkers on and he backfired also. He actually decel popped once while going under a bridge and it sounded like a shotgun, very loud. I loved the sound of the pipes, but don't think I want the backfiring. He also had a PCV and Victory tuned it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I put mine on back in March, didn't touch anything else. Haven't had any popping on decel. Pops every once in a while on acceleration between 1st and 2nd. Overall it's not noticable.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I think that I have this mostly figured out. The guy who was helping me out said he gave me 100% fuel and advanced my timing 15 degrees at zero throttle (No, I do not fully understand that statement either) and that, at least for the relatively short ride I took afterward, seems to have mostly corrected the issue.

Just thinking aloud here but...I had my ECU flashed by the dealer way before I bought my PCV and had the dyno tuning.....could that affect anything now? In other words, should I have had that flash removed before I had any tuning done or is all that compensated for with a fuel controller and custom tuning?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have them and I get an occasional decel pop, I'm looking to add a controller and have it tuned and dynoed hopefully it will get worked out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ask because I am wondering if anyone else is having any issues with decel popping. I had mine professionally tuned and I have a PCV but I just can't seem to get it to stop. The place that installed and tuned it is being really great about trying to resolve the issue but he suggested that you may not be able to get rid of it with some pipes.

I have them, best sound I could find. Recommended to me by the dealer. Flashed the ECU and hi-flow filter (just like a K&N, so it can be cleaned and recharged). Some decel popping, but I like that. It is not as irritating as it was on my VTX 1800 before I installed the PCIII.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I've heard it comes down to your tuner. If they know their stuff they will (eventually) be able to git rid of even the occasional "pop".

After re-reading, it looks like you got the issue fixed already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts