Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Victory Magnum I just purchased in Aug. This will now be the second time that it is going in the shop for repairs. The first time about 3-4 weeks ago, I went to start it and the thing wouldn't start. In fact it kept trying to start over and over again with the switch in the off position and the key out of it. Weirdest thing I had seen a bike do. Ended up that the starter relay was fried and fried all the wiring along with it. They fixed it and I was on my way. Now I have another problem. Had trouble getting the bike started for my ride home from work. Finally got it started and half way through my ride (0530 nice and dark out) the head lights start flashing on and off, the check engine, battery and abs lights would go on and off, the radio was turning on and off and then the dash would shut off and the engine would just die then turn back on in a few seconds. Did not feel safe riding it at all. They are coming to pick the bike up now to take it to the shop and hopefully fix it for good this time.

Just wondering if this is an anomaly or if this is something that others are having problems with as well.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Holy **** Brother , only thing I can think of is loose battery connections , but with your bikes history I shudder at the thought of guessing ... Good luck .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked all connections and wires. Nothing loose or anything wrong with the wires that I can see. Already checked that stuff out. Really not happy with this. Starting to think I made a bad choice.

·
12,983 Posts
cry on sales men shoulder and get him to give you 30% discount on all parts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
My Magnum is great so far only 3k on it though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First problem hit just before I hit 500 miles and now this and I am just about at 2500 miles..... Complained to Victory and they opened a case on it. Gonna try to get something out of this because this is ridiculous. First time took 2 weeks to fix and this time who knows. 12 weeks of owning it and probably 3-4 of those weeks of that it will be in the shop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got word back that it is a blown circuit. Another weeks waiting on parts and maybe get my bike back next week...... Sick of these problems. Ready to call lemon law on this one....

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Got word back that it is a blown circuit. Another weeks waiting on parts and maybe get my bike back next week...... Sick of these problems. Ready to call lemon law on this one....
Lemon law is a tough one good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Sorry to hear this mate, do you ride in the rain a lot ? When i ride in downpour my electrics goes bonkers too, hope you can figure it out mate ... Coz i can't ...

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Di-electric grease internally all the wiring connections that you can access BP6666VR

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Yup started doing that every maintenance, it is a slow process ....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have had no issues with my 2015 XC so far. I have 2000 miles on mine.

Sounds like you got a bad one.

I would hate to be in your shoes. We spend a lot of money on these things. Even if you do get it fixed, it has lost your trust. I hope it gets fixed and stops giving you problems.

I would need the entire electric system changed out to give me confidence in the machine again. Having them throw parts at it, is wasting your time and leaving you stranded. To bad they wouldn't let you swap it with a new one.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Connections

Been said on here many times before. Put star lock washers on the battery cable connection bolts. Also die-electric grease as was mentioned. My turn signals quit on me quit a few miles back, it ended up being inside the switch on the handle bar. The internal connections for the turn signals had turned all green. Cleaned it out and put grease on everything, been good since. NOTE: My bike is a 2011 XR and I am on the second battery replacement since I bought it. First factory battery lasted a year if I remember right. Replaced it with AGM battery, it lasted 3 years. Installed another AGM of the same type from Batteries+ store. This time when I did the battery I went ahead and installed a new main circuit breaker, bought it from NAPA. The old circuit breaker never gave me a problem, but I figured I would do it and I threw the old one in one saddlebag. The new circuit breaker before I installed it I smeared silicone sealer around the outside of it to help protect it from the rain. Breaking down in the rain sucks big time. This may all be over cautious, but I still remember having Dark Night electrics "Lucas" on my old Triumph years ago. Thankfully electrical for the most part has came a long way baby!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
IF you are serious about using the lemon law, Contact the state you purchased it from and get your facts straight on what you must do and start the documentation process now or your screwed.

I considered using the Lemonade law on my 14 8 ball but then realized I was just better off fixing it cause I could and going riding with the time I saved.

But I did do some research. In Az where I bought it for instance, if you say your have issues that they can't fix the problem with you have to make sure that the service writer writes up the problem exactly the same each time and you must leave with a copy of that work order in your hand when you drop off the bike each time.
You have to have a fresh work order and the wording has to be the same. You can't allow them to write it up in any way that could be construed as something related or in anyway different from the problem that you are going after them for under the lemon law. You have to insist that the service writer use exactly the same words each time. He's probably not going to want to play that game btw.
Remember the judge isn't a mechanic. Don't give the case to their lawyer.

Then they get numerous attempts to fix it, but it only counts towards the lemon law if you have records of each time they tried to fix the same non fixable problem.
I think under the law in AZ they got 4 tries to fix it but they all had to be unsuccessful.
Also in AZ if in during those 4 attempts that do not succeed they have your bike for 30 days in which you can't use it, then you could start trying to get satisfaction under the law under that additional part of the law.

I might have missed something there so if your reading this and your in AZ call the attorney general and get the correct scoop.

I also found out that in some states the lemon law only applies to auto's not motorcycles, trucks, or RV's. Special huh.

If you think you might actually have a lemon and you don't want to spend your life trying to figure out how to make lemonade from it, do your research now or you will own that lemon. Then get a lemon law lawyer. I almost guaranty it's not going to be fun.

"Yes were from the government, and were here to help you"::wink

I just wanted to go riding myself..

·
Registered
597 Posts
20K on 2 different Magnums so far
ZERO issues

1 - 18 of 18 Posts