Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the passenger hand grabs/rails, not the arm rests. My left rail has an extra hole in in next to the chrome piece as if they drilled one in the wrong place. Not on the right mount rail. Anyone else installed these and noticed it or do I need to get it replaced?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine has the same extra hole and was wondering about it as well.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh... so mabe we can put our heads together and find a use for it! Ram ball mount for a cup holder? Think the wife would love to keep a bottle of water accessible.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine is on order so I guess I won't be surprised when I see the extra hole. :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is on order so I guess I won't be surprised when I see the extra hole. :)
Also, take your time with the instructions. I found them confusing. The handles lean out, not in. Picture is misleading. Also look close and you'll see large bracket goes BEHIND saddle bracket mount. Kind of a "sandwich." Closest to fender is grab rail mount, THEN saddle bracket, THEN on the outside is the support bracket.

But then when I was doing it it was after a long day and had already opened the beer...cheers

·
Registered
381 Posts
Also, take your time with the instructions. I found them confusing. The handles lean out, not in. Picture is misleading. Also look close and you'll see large bracket goes BEHIND saddle bracket mount. Kind of a "sandwich." Closest to fender is grab rail mount, THEN saddle bracket, THEN on the outside is the support bracket.
Thanks... I will print this out to double check. I had the (free) install of this, my glove box locks and the stage 1 kit thrown in with the bike. :cool:

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhhhh!!! I was wondering how to add a lock! Not quite a punch out though, looks more like drilling, but from the inside I can see where they install. Drillinmg into plastic not too tough!

Thanks! I'll order them so my IPOD stays nice and safe!

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I know this is a old thread. I just bought some passenger hand rails used. And need the instructions. Does anyone have a copy of the instructions they could upload for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Folks,

These grab rails in no way interfere with the trunk (and it's quick disconnect feature) on the CCT.... do they???

Thanks, Larry

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Hey Folks,

These grab rails in no way interfere with the trunk (and it's quick disconnect feature) on the CCT.... do they???

Thanks, Larry
I don't have the trunk but I have the passenger backrest and luggage rack lock and ride. I don't believe they get in the way of anything. But maybe a really wide rear end. :p

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Hey Folks,

Thanks, Larry
They make routing of the power line/quick disconnect a bit more challenging but not a big deal. Still only a 2min job...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts