Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this eve I'm working on installing my Lloydz IAV. Just to give myself some room to get to the line/hose that goes into the bottom of the air box. Pretty right quarters there and I wanted to be sure that I had everything in proper alignment so I decided to remove the ignition switch and coil bracket with coil. EEEEEEH! Wrong! The lower wire going into the coil or plug wire to the front cylinder'...however you like to describe it....snapped off inside the coil. So now the porcelain part of the boot is down in the coil with no sign of letting go. Suggestions anyone? At this point it looks like I'm going to need a coil and wire set and needless to say I'm pretty Pissed!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Your sparkplug wire ends are metal not porcelain so if it is your sparkplug wire it's simple to get the end out. Just grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it out of the coil.

If you want to try to reuse the sparkplug wire you'll need to:
1) Spread out the crimped part of the end far enough for the plug wire to fit in pull the boot further onto the plug wire.
2) Pull about 1/4 off the wire sheathing to expose the core.
3) Fold the core over the sheathing
4) Put the end piece back on and crimp it.
Try to keep it as round as possible or you'll have a hard time getting the boot back in place.

·
13,254 Posts
Jackpot!
you can buy plug wires cheaper st witchdoctor then from Vic.
Vic only want $56 bucks for one wire

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never seen anything quite like this before, the coil will be destroyed getting it out.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Can you post a pic? I'm not sure what you're dealing with. Like ammo said you it should just be the metal connector that's stuck in there and it shouldn't be that difficult to take out.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Never seen anything quite like this before, the coil will be destroyed getting it out.
It's a lot more common than you'd think. The longer wires stay connected without removal the more difficult it is to separate it without damage. I've pulled many a wire out with part of it staying in place. You have a better chance of saving them if you can manage to twist them first, then pull (for future reference)

I'm sorry about your misfortune, hopefully you can find some good deals on the parts you need. Good luck!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you post a pic? I'm not sure what you're dealing with. Like ammo said you it should just be the metal connector that's stuck in there and it shouldn't be that difficult to take out.
I'll post a pic sheen I get the chance man. One of the wires is typical, has a little round conductor, just like most any plug wire. The other is nothing close to similar, it's like it has some kind of resistor made into it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Figured out my issue. Ended up ordering a new coil and wire set. Hope to have new parts this week. In the mean time it would run fine if I could keep the plug boot on the coil. A zip tie did the trick, rode for a while today with no issues.

·
13,254 Posts
you can go to auto parts store and buy spark plug terminal ends for a few bucks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts