Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change mine from red (2012) to white. Just a plain bright flat white.

I'm just looking for what you paid and whether you found it worth it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was oolong at doing the same thing. However, I want to go to the bright red. I wish mine was white so we could just trade tins.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
13,262 Posts
Instead of asking us. You should hop on the bike and ride around to some paint shops.
A good paint job will coast guessing now 3 grand or more

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yep, 2500-3K depending on color and parts, fairing lowers, trunk etc.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
I'm looking to change mine from red (2012) to white. Just a plain bright flat white.

I'm just looking for what you paid and whether you found it worth it.
Bigger job going from Red to white.
Because of the strong pigments in red it'll bleed and give you a pretty pink bike.
Unless you kill the red with a coat of black first.
That's why repair shops hate getting red used replacement panels for cars.
A bit more work involved.
Just so you're aware.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just now wondering.........would a good primer over the red paint be a sufficient cover? I had a red fairing covered with a primer painted to a titanium metallic gloss ..........IMHO it covers great.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Just now wondering.........would a good primer over the red paint be a sufficient cover? I had a red fairing covered with a primer painted to a titanium metallic gloss ..........IMHO it covers great.
That should work just fine. Not rattlecan primer but regular primer sprayed on with a gun. Much less expensive than black paint.

An entire XC is quite a bit of coverage area with the fairing and bags. The rear fender is kinda big too.

If I were to go through all that trouble though I would at least make it a two tone or put some stripes in it to break up the solid color; regardless of what that color might be.

·
13,262 Posts
Takes less paint to cover gray primer as a posed to black.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i had my bike painted when it was pretty much new, black xct to wrx pearl black and blue, cost me lil over 2k but i was able to get the supplies myself through my job, paid about 850 for paints and clear and 1200 for labor. i wet sanded everything but trunkbefore i gave it to him, he laid the 2 colors, pinstripe and clear

·
Registered
217 Posts
i had my bike painted when it was pretty much new, black xct to wrx pearl black and blue, cost me lil over 2k but i was able to get the supplies myself through my job, paid about 850 for paints and clear and 1200 for labor. i wet sanded everything but trunkbefore i gave it to him, he laid the 2 colors, pinstripe and clear
and this was the end result, totally worth it for me

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Takes less paint to cover gray primer as a posed to black.
Depends on the colour that's going over it.
I base all my repairs with a black etch then put the grey primer over that.
Put what you like over the red but don't say you weren't advised.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Talking about paint, I went to visit my bike today to see how it's coming together, first thing that took my attention was the flame job on this Sporty.
Pix don't really do it justice...

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
and this was the end result, totally worth it for me

Did you only have the accent blue and is the rest the original black?

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
Did you only have the accent blue and is the rest the original black?
No, I think he said it was a black pearl (although I suppose the pearl could have been added to the clear and sprayed over the original black). However he did it - NICE JOB!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I did a lot of custom work so I had to paint everything!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here it is.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts