Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use ride-on or any other puncture seal type of material?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have it in my Kingpin tires. I have not punctured one yet, at least not that I know of. Might have and it just fixed it for me. It does do a good job of balancing the tires.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I have it in my Kingpin tires. I have not punctured one yet, at least not that I know of. Might have and it just fixed it for me. It does do a good job of balancing the tires.
Same here.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like it. I have it in the front and rear and don't have any weights on the tires. Smooth riding. No punctures yet so I can't speak about it's sealing properties.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ditto

Think it even helped reduce mirror vibration at high speeds.

·
13,253 Posts
Anyone ever use ride-on or any other puncture seal type of material?
Did you go to the top of page and do a search? Did you look in the tech forum to see if there was a topic all ready?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you go to the top of page and do a search? Did you look in the tech forum to see if there was a topic all ready?
Don't know about everybody else, but I would much rather read (or ignore) a post about something that has already been beaten to death than read another one of VisionJohnny's invidious posts.

Anybody want to start a synthetic motor oil thread?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really, is that what it is for? Crap, I thought that's what I used and couldn't find a direct answer, so I started a new thread. I searched using:
Ride on
Ride-on
Rideon
Ride on sealant
Ride-on sealant

I don't see the harm in asking a question and getting an answer, this time quickly and from several people. To me that is what a forum is for? After all, now someone using the same terms I used for a search will find this thread while searching for advice on how a specific product for sealing tire punctures and preventing flat tires works form them. Just in case allow me to add a few more searchable items.

Flat tire, tire puncture, tire sealant, tire balancing, wheel weight, balancing gel, balancing sealant, tire puncture sealer

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
482 Posts
Really, is that what it is for? Crap, I thought that's what I used and couldn't find a direct answer, so I started a new thread. I searched using:
Ride on
Ride-on
Rideon
Ride on sealant
Ride-on sealant

I don't see the harm in asking a question and getting an answer, this time quickly and from several people. To me that is what a forum is for? After all, now someone using the same terms I used for a search will find this thread while searching for advice on how a specific product for sealing tire punctures and preventing flat tires works form them. Just in case allow me to add a few more searchable items.

Flat tire, tire puncture, tire sealant, tire balancing, wheel weight, balancing gel, balancing sealant, tire puncture sealer

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
ChuglyXJ, there are no stupid questions. Some people just seem to need to be confrontational. I use it but like the others can't attest to its ability to seal a puncture.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I use it. It works well. It balances and seal punctures as advertised. I have had one puncture since using it and didn't even know it until I got home and did a bike inspection.

The "goop" does not go everywhere like Slime. It stays around the tire an is not an issue for the guy changing the tires.

Just make sure that you use at least the prescribed amount. If you use too little it will not balance nor will it actually seal the puncture. I bring this up because it is impossible to get all of it out of the bottle so measurements will be on the low side when installing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Had about 1k on a new set of Metzlers...
I took this (1/4 x 3 bolt) in my back tire, i heard a big bang while tooling down the road, for the first few minutes i was looking around the bike leaning it, speeding up, slowing weaving all over the road...decided i was good.
60 miles down the rd we got into some good twisties...didnt feel right...something is up...Went through those, got to the 421 country store at the "Snake" started really looking at the bike and saw that my back tire was low...chit!..can see the big hole and some of the Ride On leaking out...bought some plugs at the store, threw a couple in there and rode the 120 or so miles back home...no problem... Didnt find the bolt till we put a new tire on, weeks later....the big bang was the bolt hitting (and denting) my fender. It got caught up the the cross member of the fender....Not more than a month later picked up this other thing, (piece of an old style antenna maybe?) in my NEW back tire.. sob....put 3 plugs in it and im still riding on it...
Didnt have to balance them and tires seem to wear better also...i usually really wear the front funky..cupping or one side more than other...None of that since i put this stuff in...
Sooo YES! it really does work...

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Yes I've tried ride-on, and it did seem to balance the tires very well. Had it in for the entire life of a set of tires. When it was time to change them out, I did the drill test as per their video. The crap spewed out all over. It did NOT seal the holes in the slightest. I brought the wheels/tires to my indy shop, and the crap was all over the inside of the wheels and tires. It was a mess. Fortunately, it did clean up easily with water, as they advertise. So, only their balancing and easy cleanup claims worked for me. I won't be putting the stuff in any more tires.

And, I did the same search you did and came up with this about 6 5 or 6 hits down the list.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=10845&highlight=ride+tire+sealant

1 - 15 of 15 Posts