Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting the mustang seat with backrest and pass seat in place of my stock. Was hoping it would not only provide more comfort but lower me a little so my feet are a little flatter on the ground, since im on the short side. Anyone done this and if so ....what do ya think?? Was it worth the 600+ bucks?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the mustang seat with a passenger backrest. I like the seat and find it comfortable on long and short rides. the seat fits into the small of my back and supports it some. it doesn't ride real high up onto my back but it gives some support. I like it. My wife rides on the back and it has a good size seat and backrest she likes the seat and is comfortable as well. I like the braiding on the seat and studs, my seat also has the conchos. Mustang also has a tank strap for the victory. I have it also it has the same braiding as on the seat. I like them both. By the way I am 5"11 and have a 30 inch inseam if that helps you at all. My feet are firmly on the ground, bigger heels on the boots maybe? Mike

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have a Mustang on my Kingpin and it raised me up an 1 or 2.
I love the seat.It is very well made and way more comfortable than the stock seat.
I don't know about the "C" bikes though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight. Sounds like the comfort im looking for. I am concerned that it will raise me up even further contradicting my goal of having my feet more firmly on the ground though....hmm. Dont really want to put a lowering kit on if i dont have to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the mustang seat with a passenger backrest. I like the seat and find it comfortable on long and short rides. the seat fits into the small of my back and supports it some. it doesn't ride real high up onto my back but it gives some support. I like it. My wife rides on the back and it has a good size seat and backrest she likes the seat and is comfortable as well. I like the braiding on the seat and studs, my seat also has the conchos. Mustang also has a tank strap for the victory. I have it also it has the same braiding as on the seat. I like them both. By the way I am 5"11 and have a 30 inch inseam if that helps you at all. My feet are firmly on the ground, bigger heels on the boots maybe? Mike
Hey Mike....I'd like to see a pic of your bike if ya got one handy. I wanted to set mine up like that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Recently put the two piece Mustang on THE 99. It moved me up and forward a bit. Still warming up to it but it will be great on the long hauls for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have it and love it. It came on the bike so I can't tell you if it's lower than the stock seat. I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam and I can flat foot the bike.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've had the Mustang on my 01 since the summer of 2006 and in excess of 50K miles. Well worth the $$$ spent.

·
Registered
156 Posts
D in Maine , I'll try to post pics I'm having some trouble figuring it out lets see... I'M JUST FUSTRATED dont know how to post my pics now I'll try again sometime...Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
ML8320
I also have the 2005 V92TC. I Just put Atom Bomb's on my Bike so far I love the Atom Bombs they Sound Great. Waiting for the Torque Tubes and FC III from Lloyds Motor Werks to be Shipped I was told around 4/25/2011 My Question to you Did your Mods Wake the Bike up very Much? Thanks Doug.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lawhound, I bought the 05TC set up as it was with the mods done already. I haven't really experienced a before and after so to speak. I can say it has plenty of power in the mid to high end. I don't really push it off the start but the torque doesn't stop on the hills. I think it is best around 2500- 3500 rpm. I don't push it real hard. I like the set up and the D&D pipes have a nice throaty sound

·
Registered
8 Posts
ML8320
Thanks for the Quick reply. I know I love the Atom Bomb's Sound it is Deep and Throaty also I have just returned from looking at the Mustang Seats Page I have got to have one of them with the Drivers Backrest Oh well next month's SS Dole will buy me A new Seat:D Again I thank you for the Quick answer Doug.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lawhound, I bought the 05TC set up as it was with the mods done already. I haven't really experienced a before and after so to speak. I can say it has plenty of power in the mid to high end. I don't really push it off the start but the torque doesn't stop on the hills. I think it is best around 2500- 3500 rpm. I don't push it real hard. I like the set up and the D&D pipes have a nice throaty sound
That looks really good mike...thanks. I too am looking at mod pipes in place of my quiet stock. Want some slip ons....Im new to the motorcycle ownership so any suggestions would help. Want a tough sounding bike. Are the D&D slip ons? Man! these upgrades are expensive!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Check out the D&D website for your bike mine were slip-ons I don't know whats available for your bike. yeah its expensive I'm finding that out too. but its worth it when you end up with something you really enjoy riding.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check out the D&D website for your bike mine were slip-ons I don't know whats available for your bike. yeah its expensive I'm finding that out too. but its worth it when you end up with something you really enjoy riding.
Yea I checked out thier website. They got slip ons for my bike but dont list the price...gotta call i guess. I also read some nasty reviews of D&D pipes. People said they were garbage. You have any problems mike? And by the way, I was raised in Niagara Falls...and my daughter lives in Buf off of delaware....still a Bills and Sabres fan and man its tough being here in Patriots territory...lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Allright! a Sabres fan lets see how they do against the Flyers tonight they won game one in Philly. I haven't really heard any thing negative about the D&D pipes I like them the chrome is heavy and they shine up nice they have a good sound and I think when you put a K&N kilter kit in the airbox with the new cover with airslots in it the bike breathes better and helps the preformance , plus its re-useable .You can clean it and re-oil it, you don't have to buy new filters all the time. Next step is a fuel controller to boost power I have a Arlen Ness Big Shot fuel controller. check ot the posts to seee what is beat for you and your bike I'm learning more every time I see more posts on what guys are doing to the Victorys they own. Everyone seems to like different setups. Have fun reguardless, the good riding is right around the corner. Yeah I'll say I like watching the Bills vs the Pats. lets hope the Bills get a good pick in the draft we 'll see. Bills could be better. Well good luck with the bike D. Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
92 V luggage rack

anyone know where I can buy a luggage rack rack for my 2002 v92c.
The part number is 287213. can't find it anywhere.

thanks
John

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put the Mustang w/backrest on my 04 TC and really like it. It is worlds above the stock seat. There are several companies that can modify your stocker to fit you and your riding position with foam, gel, etc. It's a bit cheaper than a Mustang too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts