Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just placed my order for a enclosed trailer.I will have it by the end of March.
I will use it for my Motorcycle/Quads/and sleep in it during hunting season..

Anyone have any advice on how to set them up.(pictures)Just looking for ideas
I also ordered the Condor Pit-Stop/Trailer-Stop

This is what I ordered
2014 Bravo Scout 6x12 V-nose

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Install two rows of "E " Track on both walls making sure there fastened to the side posts. Center mount your wheel chock (CONDOR) or any other brand onto the cross members on the floor .
Single axles don't usually have brakes so make sure your vehicles brakes and tow package can handle the additional weight.
When your season ends and your going to store the trailer spray the entire underside with WD 40 . Plus hinges and door tracks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice, I have a low hauler 7 x 14 V nose with kind of the same set up. My trailer came with tie downs in the floor and I added a few for convenience. I too have the Condor wheel chock, which works great! My only advice is to make sure the bike is centered and the tie downs are positioned so that they pull the bike forward. Four tie downs should work perfect. I haul my wives Can Am Spyder and the victory XC in my trailer. Just can't stress enough how important you tie down points are. Invest in some quality straps also. Good luck and nice trailer!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Install two rows of "E " Track on both walls making sure there fastened to the side posts. Center mount your wheel chock (CONDOR) or any other brand onto the cross members on the floor .
Single axles don't usually have brakes so make sure your vehicles brakes and tow package can handle the additional weight.
When your season ends and your going to store the trailer spray the entire underside with WD 40 . Plus hinges and door tracks.
Love the WD 40 idea....especially living in Michigan....Thanks

Nice, I have a low hauler 7 x 14 V nose with kind of the same set up. My trailer came with tie downs in the floor and I added a few for convenience. I too have the Condor wheel chock, which works great! My only advice is to make sure the bike is centered and the tie downs are positioned so that they pull the bike forward. Four tie downs should work perfect. I haul my wives Can Am Spyder and the victory XC in my trailer. Just can't stress enough how important you tie down points are. Invest in some quality straps also. Good luck and nice trailer!
Thanks
Which straps are the better ones...I have some cheap ones for my Quad and they do tend to come loose?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I know this isn't what you're asking, but...... Make sure you have enough truck not only to pull it but to stop it too! If the axle doesn't have brakes, they are cheap insurance to add. Big problem I've seen in the past is people have an adequate tow vehicle in their home area but travel to a place that they can't safely stop the rig.

The documents with the trailer should guide you as to where they intend anchors to mount. Use their info. Not what someone else tells you. They should also provide clear guidance as to loading the trailer. Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, it isn't okay to simply fill these little trailers with stuff.

Oh, that is a nice trailer and I bet you'll really enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Really good straps post a Working Load Limit .plus look at the width of the strap and the ratchet , bigger is better Two bucks securing twenty thousand dollars is foolish.
Have D rings installed within three feet of wheel chock.
After you first secure your bike in the trailer , within the first 10 miles pull over and check your straps . Always keep kickstand down . Add conspicuity tape to sides and rear of trailer. Flashing brake lights if you can . People following you get lazy them the forget to brake and end up inside your trailer !

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know this isn't what you're asking, but...... Make sure you have enough truck not only to pull it but to stop it too! If the axle doesn't have brakes, they are cheap insurance to add. Big problem I've seen in the past is people have an adequate tow vehicle in their home area but travel to a place that they can't safely stop the rig.

The documents with the trailer should guide you as to where they intend anchors to mount. Use their info. Not what someone else tells you. They should also provide clear guidance as to loading the trailer. Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, it isn't okay to simply fill these little trailers with stuff.

Oh, that is a nice trailer and I bet you'll really enjoy it.
Thanks
We have this area covered..
This is my baby.....:D

One more thing Thompsons Water seal floor and door
Another Great Idea....Do the walls,too?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a 5x10 flat roof V nose Haulmark.

That rear door/ramp is really tough, handles the bike and my weight with no issues.
The side door comes in handy.
The roof vent that can crank open is absolutely great.
The LED overhead lighting panels with local switches and a switch by the door are great.
I like the E track and the floor mounted flush D rings both.
The quick detach chock is nice (can easily take it out when not hauling the biketo give me a flat floor), but it is not a "clamp the front wheel type" of chock, so I rig up two ratchet straps, hooked on the bottom, hanging from the ceiling, and attach them to the bike while still sitting on it. This makes it much easier and more controlled - no risk of tipping.

I added electrical brakes - not too hard to do on the 3500 lb Dexter axle.

I am dreaming of an attached tent/vestibule - not sure if I will ever actually make it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I don't have an enclosed trailer, but I have a couple of friends who do. They are continuously wondering if the bikes are stable and upright because they cannot see them. So I would get the E tracks and definitely a Condor or Baxley chock. I use two Baxley chocks on my open Shor'landr trailer. Love them.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I don't have an enclosed trailer, but I have a couple of friends who do. They are continuously wondering if the bikes are stable and upright because they cannot see them. So I would get the E tracks and definitely a Condor or Baxley chock. I use two Baxley chocks on my open Shor'landr trailer. Love them.
That's pretty simple to solve. Install a wireless camera inside your trailer. The you know what's happening back there.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Etrack brackets include a type that a 2x4 slips into. It's meant for segregating an area but if you place a row of track at a reasonable height on the walls then you can use those brackets and 2x4s to span the trailer, drop a piece of 1/2" CDX across them and bingo, instant bed frame. Also does double duty as a bench, table, whatall and you can lay the stuff on the floor during transit since it takes up no real space.

Also a good idea to run 110, a couple outlet boxes and maybe a light. Put a receptacle that accepts the female end of a cord on the outside to power it. Cost is small and 110 is handy if it's available.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Etrack brackets include a type that a 2x4 slips into. It's meant for segregating an area but if you place a row of track at a reasonable height on the walls then you can use those brackets and 2x4s to span the trailer, drop a piece of 1/2" CDX across them and bingo, instant bed frame. Also does double duty as a bench, table, whatall and you can lay the stuff on the floor during transit since it takes up no real space.

Also a good idea to run 110, a couple outlet boxes and maybe a light. Put a receptacle that accepts the female end of a cord on the outside to power it. Cost is small and 110 is handy if it's available.
yep,definitely doing the 110 with some LED lights

1 - 13 of 13 Posts