Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Beautiful bike, sorry to hear about your arthritis..... Age is catching up to us faster then we think

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Beautiful bike, sorry to hear about your arthritis..... Age is catching up to us faster then we think

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Man that's a fact.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you Andre. It's been a great bike, and I've added everything I needed to make it right, but arthritis in my back & hip have made it tough, but now my ankle has started acting up, and I may need neck surgery for a blown disc. Just had a new E4 front tire put on last weekend so it would be ready to roll. I hope to stay on the forum though with a Victory Octane if I can sell mine, I'm hoping something 2-300 pounds lighter might be easier. The XR has become too heavy for me. Anyone looking for a Crossroads would honestly be silly not to buy mine, with the cost of the extras I've added.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Cost

Got a friend who has been looking. I have a 2011 XR myself now with 48,000+ miles. How many miles and what are you asking?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have 10,000+ miles on mine, and it is absolutely MINT. It has the $1800 Vic Fairing and Bluetooth stereo option, so basically a Cross Country, except the fairing is a quick release (30 second removal) if he wants to ride without it. Here is a link to the ad:

http://www.victoryforums.com/12-motorcycles-sale-wanted/179505-2011-cross-roads-10k-mi-fairing-stereo-many-extras.html

$9900.

If your friend wants to fly in from AZ, he is welcome to stay overnight in our in-law apt, and ride off the next day, rent a UHaul, or I'll ship it to him.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Have you ever thought about getting rid of the fairing, driving lights, front crash bars, saddlebag guards, and anything else extra that you have added that adds weight? It may make the bike easier for you to handle, you get to keep your bike, and you can sell all those extras on here or fleabay.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Have you found an Octane yet? If so, would the dealer take your CR as a trade? If yes, remover everything added on that doesn't leave a mark and sell them separately. Your many sought after added on items are worth a lot more off the bike than on it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good advice, but I'd like to use the bike occasionally until I sell it. My biggest problem is on gravel & dirt driveways, and if I drop it, I'll be glad I have the front & rear crash bars!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Scooter I know in Australia that all the extras, bling and doo-dads in the world make absolutely no difference in value of a vehicle when it comes to a trade-in time. Dealers will look at the overall condition, i.e. poor, good or excellent and then offer you somewhere around whatever the book value is for its condition, regardless of extras.

Accessories are a very personal thing and are not necessarily of any interest to a prospective buyer. I know whenever I've bought used bikes I look for stock condition as opposed to any mods. I look at the pics of your bike and I can see that it's a beautiful machine and has obviously been very well looked after, but the first thing that I think is that the fairing, backrest and bag racks would definitely have to go - but that's just me and others will no doubt differ.

If it were mine I'd be removing all the extras and selling them on-line as has been suggested here. I reckon you'll do much better.

Good luck though with getting into something that suits you better at this stage of your life. It doesn't matter what we ride - only that we ride!

Cheers,

Russ

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Like others have said, all the extras you put on there (and paid out the nose for) unfortunately don't mean crap to either a dealer or most perspective buyers if selling your self. I would take all that stuff off their and put them on here and/or fleabay before I sold it.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
As someone that sold bikes at a H-D dealership for a while, I can tell you that in a trade situation, dealers ONLY value the bike, not your add-ons. Hell, I helped a guy take stuff off of his bike after we made him an offer. He couldn't understand at first why it didn't add value, but it doesn't.

No working during the drinking hours.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I'm sure you'll be better off this way. Anyone looking for a Cross Roads, 'typically' wants a Cross Roads. Not one that's been made up to mimic a Cross Country or a Cross Country Tour.

I used a 1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate as a partial trade when I bought my CCT. I removed everything I could from the Valkyrie and sold them on the owners forum for over $2500. The dealer didn't care a wit and gave me an excellent trade in value on the bike. The $2500 I got for the Valkyrie items was used for my wife and I to enjoy a nice cruise in the Bahamas.

With everything you can and should take off from looking at your list of add ons, you'll well past $2500 in asking prices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts