Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have anything to say about these bags

The OEM bags on my Kingpin look a bit ratty. The previous owner did not take the best care of them and the stitching along the top is starting to come apart.

So I am looking to put some new ones on it. I am thinking about these.

Anyone got any thoughts on Viking or these bags in particular.

Any others you might recommended.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Viking bags are made decent, but make sure you realize what size they are. I got the extra large ones, and they look tiny on the bike, and are too small to be real useful.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Viking bags are made decent, but make sure you realize what size they are. I got the extra large ones, and they look tiny on the bike, and are too small to be real useful.
I agree. I have a different set of Viking bags on my Kingpin. I got the extra large too and I find them too small. They look good, but just don't have enough room in them.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I had a set from this company on my KP. tsukayu.com. really nice locking and I believe you can get them with quick disconnect.Also might be able to get painted to match.They are hard bags.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Check leatherup.com good price and good product. I have a set from them. Under a hundred. I can put 2 gallons of milk in each bag with room to spare. Just saying and on a side note, I'm not on a kp just suggesting

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and ordered the Viking bags, I wanted to use the hangover method so I could remove them easily, but that would not work with my Mustang seat. So I ordered the easy Bracket and they don't work that well with my seat. I had to add some spacers to bring them away from the bike a little more.

Also I didn't realize but these bags open towards the bike, which makes it a bit less convenient to open and look in. They are on and look OK, they are a little bigger than the OEM bags I have.

I think I may try to have the OEM bags re finished and use them around town since they are a bit more convenient for quick storage. I will use these bags for trips with the easy brackets since I can remove them easy and take them in to a hotel with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts