Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting these pipes. They look like OEM but are supposed to have good sound. Also, according to their website no tune is required. Any review would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
they amplify the sound, there is some sound bites with these pipes on youtube. They are really loud. It is like holding a megaphone at the back of your exhaust.:cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I saw the videos I was just wondering if anyone heard them first hand. I'll probably stay away from them. I don't want real loud pipes, just louder than stock.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the D&D slip ons on my 2008 Vegas. Got them a few
months ago and love them. They are not that loud unless you really crack the throttle. Nice low rumble at idle. When you get up to cruising speed they quiet right down almost like stock pipes until you get on the throttle. Sometimes I wish they were a little louder. Search Vegas Forum for Just Installed D&D Slip ons for more information. I went with these pipes as Maine is cracking down on excessively noisy pipes. These pipes sound really good but still allow me to get a state inspection sticker in Maine and don't get me pulled over by the police. Also quality of pipes are excellent.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great review! That's what I was looking for. I just hope they fit my 2012. Even d&d didn't know if Vic changed the mounting from 08-12.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You are welcome! If you have any other questions feel free to pm me. Don't know if you looked at my other post. Got mine from starcycle from Chris for $432.00 shipped to my door, cheapest I could find. Again if you look up " Just Installed D&D Slip ons" in the Vegas Forum there is more information and also pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'll be ordering these tomorrow. Love the sound. The only thing I'm worried about is the popping. I hope It's just a minor annoyance.

Update:
Installed the D&D's. Easy, fit great and good quality. Sound is awesome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ride with a guy that has a 2010 XC , he just put some D&D's on a couple of weeks ago. It sounds real good , when he gets on it there fairly loud , but cruising they just have a nice tone IMO.
He also had the dealer map it for him , he's pretty happy with the results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts