Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a good deal on these (which is why I'm not too interested in other makes/models right now) and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular unit.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went ahead and bought it anyway :eek:

Should be here in a few days, I'll post initial impressions then post riding impressions once I get the chance.

The part I'm most excited about is the special custom mount these guys made for it. It looks great and I'm crossing my fingers hoping that due to the small size and the mount system employed, that I can mount it dead in front of me between the risers. We shal see.

Unit complete:

Mounting system:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unit arrived earlier today, man do these guys ship QUICKLY!

Initial impression: Cool, and might be perfect.

As soon as I get my scoot back from the dealer, I can see if the mount will fit where I want between the risers, directly in front of me. If not, I can mount it traditionally on the left bar. This mount allows for almost any angle and any odd way you wanna mount it, should give me some freedom.

Generous rubber sleeves were shipped with the mount to prevent it from marring the bars when mounted. thumb up

Pros:

Fairly small unit, a tad chunky, but still smallish
Works with Blue Tooth devices and cellphones
Preloaded with US and euro maps
Lots of customizable options for displays and such
Easy to use
Day mode and night mode, colors are selectable as well as brightness
Also has auto-brightness when it senses day or night driving

Cons:

Power button is a PITA to activate
It has NO SPEAKER. WTF. Didn't say that in any ads i saw. You MUST buy a Blue Tooth headset/helmet adapter if you want speech from the device.
A bit heavier than expected.
The large shield that prevents some glare also prevents you from easily hitting touchscreen options that mght be near the edge or at the corners of display

More details to come once I've ridden with it....

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Back from the dead after 2 1/2 years. I doubt the OP is even interested any more.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I've had one since they first came out. Still kicking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts