1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had one on my Kingpin, and I almost got rid of it. I got used to it, however, and kept it. When I traded it for my VV I thought I might get a heel toe shifter, but I found I like not having the heel shifter behind my boot. It gives more room so I never changed over. So I guess I am indifferent. When I had one I was okay with it and I am okay without it.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I didn't like the feel of the HD heel shifter, and that looks similar. Like the above poster said, I like having the ability to move my feet the full length of the boards. I have big feet (sz 13) and a shift peg behind me would prevent that. I LOVE the factory heel shifter. If is out of the way but still easy to reach when needed. The 1-2 upshift was real clunky when brand new (somewhat better with some miles on it), but the heel shifter makes it much smoother and more positive. Price is reasonable too, and only took 15 minutes or so to put on.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the OEM Heel shifter also.... Light years ahead of my Harley shifter and stays out of the way when I don't use it and want to move my foot around on the floorboard..

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought mine from Kewlmetel....had them make it with a rubber peg to match the OEM toe shifter, then swapped out both rubber pegs fro the Kurys. I LUV this setup as it feels almost exactly like my Vulcans did. There is lots of boot room and is just a great setup!

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
The one that you posted the link to is stupid expensive I'm afraid. I added the Victory heel shifter to my XC when I picked it up for less than a hundred bucks. WitchDoctors also makes a complete assembly in both chrome and black for about a buck and a quarter.

Heel & toe shifters aren't for everybody, I've been riding with one since the early 80's and I like 'em but a lot of the HD guys I ride with actually pull the heel shifter off of their bikes. It could be because HD floorboards aren't exactly spacious.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Once I trained myself to heal shift, I can't live without it! I got this one when I picked it up. I thought it may be to small, but it's great! Just under a hundred bucks.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts