Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Nope I'm running Madstad so can't have one of those. I am happy with my Hopnel saddlebag liners from same company.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Looks nice and would probably work ok but it's a little over priced for me.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Just checking to see if anyone has this item on the XC?

I'm thinking about it in order to carry my phone and garage door opener.

https://www.denniskirk.com/hopnel/tri-pouch-clear-cell-pocket-v30-106bkc.p5001150.prd/5001150.sku?rd_eid=_0v6x08N4SCLWXQx&rdmid=459&np_banner_set_id=4639
Do you not wear a riding jacket of some sort? I have three different riding jackets that I switch out depending on the weather and I have a garage door opener in all three in the right pocket. I don't have to take it out, just push the button through the jacket.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you not wear a riding jacket of some sort? I have three different riding jackets that I switch out depending on the weather and I have a garage door opener in all three in the right pocket. I don't have to take it out, just push the button through the jacket.
yes I do wear a riding jacket most of the time. Your solution is a really well thought out way to do it, but with my old ADD brain, leaving an opener on the bike is more likely to succeed.:laugh

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
You can also do the modified opener with a button on the bike itself. Then you can't forget it. :)

·
Premium Member
12,993 Posts
I'm running a Mo-Door on my XC. Works great. Definitely set this bike up for the long haul of hanging on to it.

Victory_V1_V2

I soldered a momentary switch to a standard door opener inside the fairing before but that was for the old style dip switch garage door opener. When I moved and the new place had the digital rotating code I had to either use the new remote somehow or go with the Mo-Door. Thinking long-term I went with the Mo-Door. That was several years ago and it still works perfectly with the switch installed in one of the empty slots on the dash next to the radio readout. I tried to solder the lead wires to a new style remote but just ruined it in the process so I went with the Mo-Door. Live and learn eh.

You can see the original button between the analog clock and temp gauge on top of the dash. You can also see the plug where the new momentary switch went. No pics of the switch installed right now.

For a while I attached a couple of pockets to the inside of the handlebars but that was a bit nerdy with the way I was going with the bike look.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Old School here
I stop, open my shed entry door then wind up the rolladoor.
Moving into a new shed at the moment which used to be a clubhouse before outlaw clubs got outlawed in my state.
Any more then 2 patches together in one place is mandatory 6 months in the can, no questions asked, with opportunities to do even more time.
Still working on remodelling the shed turning it from a nightclub type setup into more of a liveable workshop.
Recently got booted from where I been for the last 19 years paying rent....now I realise why people buy property instead of just renting.
Im a little pissed off at getting 6 weeks notice to vacate after paying cash rental to the bitch for so many years.
Huge downsize to the new place and Im having to do a shitload of work to get it to where I want it...

Anyway the new place is set up like a fortress as you would imagine, checkerplate doors, no push button entry here!

Spent all yesterday painting the many inner doors we fitted to the walls we put up.
Got a mate whos a qualified old school builder helping me out on the cheap, but hes a stickler for doing things right so progress is slow.
We are mates but we do tend to argue a bit and the Aussie way of shitstirring yer mates gets to breaking point occasionally, I had a big dummy-spit last week after Tony pushed my tolerance past breaking point.
Takes a lot to rile me...but the whole situation has been building anger and resentment in me and it all just came out.
Gotta get rid of years of hoarded stuff as well as a couple of motor vehicles, not a lot of call for a 1947 Buick straight 8 funeral hearse at the moment, though I got a fairly hefty sum on it too, so looks like Ill be taking it with me.

Back to the doors (great name for a band by the way)
New one has a giant bolt to throw before releaseing another 4 springloaded catches allowing the checkplate aluminium doors to be swung open, then I can wheel or ride the bike in.

·
Premium Member
12,993 Posts
Damn! The outlaw clubs must have been a real problem in your state for them to outlaw them. We have laws preventing states from doing that here (freedom of association) but I'm sure they have other ways to dissuade clubs by making it real unfriendly. Not much fun if you get stopped by one Police agency or another every time you ride.

Did you buy the new place or is this a rental too?

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Damn! The outlaw clubs must have been a real problem in your state for them to outlaw them. We have laws preventing states from doing that here (freedom of association) but I'm sure they have other ways to dissuade clubs by making it real unfriendly. Not much fun if you get stopped by one Police agency or another every time you ride.

Did you buy the new place or is this a rental too?
rental , lot of work Im putting in on a rental hey.
Lots still to do.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I've never rented anything. Does not sound fun.
Sounds like a nice shed though.
Hope your new place treats you well and gives you a break on rent if you have to do work on it.

I don't know anything about clubs. Everyone I see with markings they all ride HD and have no interest in chatting. Lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm running a Mo-Door on my XC. Works great. Definitely set this bike up for the long haul of hanging on to it.

Victory_V1_V2

I soldered a momentary switch to a standard door opener inside the fairing before but that was for the old style dip switch garage door opener. When I moved and the new place had the digital rotating code I had to either use the new remote somehow or go with the Mo-Door. Thinking long-term I went with the Mo-Door. That was several years ago and it still works perfectly with the switch installed in one of the empty slots on the dash next to the radio readout. I tried to solder the lead wires to a new style remote but just ruined it in the process so I went with the Mo-Door. Live and learn eh.

You can see the original button between the analog clock and temp gauge on top of the dash. You can also see the plug where the new momentary switch went. No pics of the switch installed right now.

For a while I attached a couple of pockets to the inside of the handlebars but that was a bit nerdy with the way I was going with the bike look.
very nice setup BBob,
Thanks for that link!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have that Hopnel bag and if they're still making them like mine (which is about 2 years old) there's a design flaw in the mounting method that you need to modify before installing. I made a post about it at the time I got mine, I'll see if I can find it. Basically you need to drill holes in the hard plastic lining so the windshield bolts can go all the way through the backing instead of just being pinched in a notched V cutout. Easy fix but if you don't do it the damn thing wants to lift off and fly away at highway speeds. Other than that, it's a killer bag. I keep my EZ-Pass in it and sunscreen and shades.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts