Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problems with their speedometer fogging up? I had it happen a couple of times last season when I was at our cottaqe and my 2010 XR had to be left outside under a bike cover. It rained allot, and when the sun finally came out the speedo fogged up; along either side, top and bottom, but not across the entire surface. It eventually evaporated when left in the sun. Victory eventually replaced the speedo after first sending a broken one, and then sending one in miles per hour rather than kilometers. However, it happened again this spring with the new speedo. I took pictures and sent them to the dealer who passed them on to mother Victory. Victory now claims this will happen under certain weather conditions. I say this is BS! Everyone knows that moisture and electronics don't mix, and from my perspective this is a case of poor worksmanship and Victory trying to side step responsibility. My bike is stored in a completely dry,heated and insulated bike garage, and the tach, which sits next to the speedo and was subjected to the same conditions, was crystal clear. Anyone having the same problem or have any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I guess Victory is not the only one with speedo problems. The new Thunderbird from Triumph has speedo problems also. The needle likes to stick or hang up. You can be setting at light not moving and reading 55mph for example. So none of those motocicles is perfcet ,nope.:crzy:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Problem resolved!

thumb upQuick update. Heard back from the dealership today. Victory sent my pictures to their engineering department and consulted with the manufacturer of the speedo. Apparently the lens is fused on in some manner and there is membrane (I think he said a gortex membrane) somewhere that is supposed to let moisture out, but not in. As such, they are going to replace it at no cost for a second time. I am pleased with this, I was beginning to think I was getting the run around.

·
Registered
183 Posts
thumb upQuick update. Heard back from the dealership today. Victory sent my pictures to their engineering department and consulted with the manufacturer of the speedo. Apparently the lens is fused on in some manner and there is membrane (I think he said a gortex membrane) somewhere that is supposed to let moisture out, but not in. As such, they are going to replace it at no cost for a second time. I am pleased with this, I was beginning to think I was getting the run around.
Thats good news. I went around and round with HD on some Screamin Eagle Guages for a Road Glide fogging up, a $500 dollar set of screamin eagle guages and was left with guages that were foggy and useless. This and a motor going south at 20,000 was what made me start looking at the Vics. It's nice to go on a trip and nothave to carry oil in the saddle bag. Thats unreal customer service on your Victory!!cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts