Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find someone in the Twin Cities area of MN who has the atom bomb exhaust that would let me come listen to their bike. I have been thinking about going with the Atom Bombs and would like to hear them in person. Let me know if you are in the area. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
im to far but i have thrush glasspacks, atom bombs are just another type of glasspack, and love them, nice sound at idle, throaty when cruising , bark when on it. i rode next to a member here with bombs and they sounded very similar.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
DTMMIL Are the Thrush glasspacks mounted under the stock chrome or how? What size are they inlet/outlet, body diamete and body length? Did you extend the pipe aft of the Glasspack or before if necessary?

·
13,040 Posts
Are the Thrush glasspacks mounted under the stock chrome or how?
You weld brackets on to mount the Trush's and you use your stock heat shields to cover them. Look on yourtube you might find a how to

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
You weld brackets on to mount the Trush's and you use your stock heat shields to cover them. Look on yourtube you might find a how to

no, gut the stock mufflers and shove the thrush inside, still look stock completely, but you can hear them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I test road a Vic identical to the one I bought, identical EXCEPT for the exhaust. The one I test road had Atom bomb pipes, and I tell ya, I did not like them and neither did my wife. After just a half hour my ears were ringing, couldn't listen to the stereo at all it was just drowned out by the pipes. If you wanna go prematurely deaf and if you don't want to be able to hear the radio or police/ambulance/fire engines siren or other cars that may be honking at you in an attempt to alert you to danger, then go for it, otherwise, I personally went with the factory exhaust. Wife and I can communicate, hear the radio, or sirens or horns, and my ears don't ring after just a short trip. Just my .02 on the Atom bombs (appropriately named I assure you).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have owned Harleys and about every sport bike you can think of. I have had drag pipes and stock exhaust. Personally I think the stock XC pipes sound horrible. If I wanted to listen to a sewing machine I would go sit with my grandmother... :ltr: I want to know I'm riding a motorcycle when I twist the throttle and we agreed when we bought it that the first thing to go would be the exhaust. I just have to decide which ones. It looks like we might have decided to go with the RCX slip on's that were on the demo I rode. http://rccomponents.com/rcxhaust/products/victory_slip_ons.htm
I really liked these and they aren't too obnoxious but still sound good. From what I have heard they are nicer than the RPW's. Anyone own these?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
hey superdog, your from near me i believe ? welder at the tractor plant in fargo right ?

i would have to say the thrush i have i never have my radio over 10, thats only because the one station seems quieter then the rest. the atom bombs tip ends at the end of the muffler where it then echos inside the chrome tip, to me its a bad design and the workmanship us poor. when i first did my thrush i had the ends of the muffler tip out to the end of the chrome tip so it exited out the tip , not into it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the thrush mod is basically the same concept as the atom bombs and i did consider that but i am aprehensive about jumping in. Plus i only have 200 miles on it. I wish you were closer. Id come check it out.cheers

·
Registered
108 Posts
The first mod I did was Atom Bomb exhaust for my 13 XC. My opinion is the sound is great but not overly loud. My last bike had on a Kerker exhaust which everyone I rode with told me it was the loudest bike they heard. Check out the video on Youtube and listen to the sound of the Atom Bombs. In person they sound better but you will get a very good idea from the video. Hope this helped, sorry i don't live close enough to help you out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put Thrush glasspacks in my stock exhaust on 2012 Cross Roads. Not exactly quick and easy to do but doable and inexpensive. They are the perfect balance of sound without fatigue. I had stage ones, and found them to lack the "I'm riding a motorcycle" experience.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not far from you and have bombs on mine. I'd would be willing to meet somewhere. Shoot me a PM and we can get something planned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
im to far but i have thrush glasspacks, atom bombs are just another type of glasspack, and love them, nice sound at idle, throaty when cruising , bark when on it. i rode next to a member here with bombs and they sounded very similar.

Yes he did ride by me right after he installed them lol I too really like the rumble I get from the bombs the only thing was that I did not see coming was the exhaust comes without a tail pipe which means your chrome exhaust tip is taking the heat especially because of the cone shape reducing the outlet so I just spent money on some witchdoctor tips keep the 4" opening all the way through got a few miles on them but jury is still out now u have 2 in this area to hear

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Yes he did ride by me right after he installed them lol I too really like the rumble I get from the bombs the only thing was that I did not see coming was the exhaust comes without a tail pipe which means your chrome exhaust tip is taking the heat especially because of the cone shape reducing the outlet so I just spent money on some witchdoctor tips keep the 4" opening all the way through got a few miles on them but jury is still out now u have 2 in this area to hear

haha, pics man wheres the pics!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I put RPWS on mine love the sound. And don't live far away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts