154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
13,172 Posts
I think there a Kuryakyn light. I don't know how much a cage would see you

·
Registered
147 Posts
Saw a bike with them on, thought they were cool. Wished they were brighter though. You might want to check that. But I like the idea of burning the crap out of their eyes, so they back off.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had them on my nighttrain they work good. running light then turn signal. Good light at night also. Never had no problems. On the stock bulb I had to replace it every 4 weeks. With this it will be the life of the bike..here they are cheaper price..http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/14/138/7984/DPITEM/Cruiser-Motorcycle-Mirrors-Kuryakyn-Turn-Signal-Mirror.aspx
The stock bulb on the MC you had to replace every 4 weeks? Ouch! Or do you mean the bulb on the lights?

The Kuryakyns only have the light on the front side, correct? These have the red on the rider side(rear) as well.

I hope they are bright enough.

My only question is does the fairing have to come off (of the XCT) to get at the turn signals and the lowbeam light so that I can splice them to add this?

If so I am hoping to get this before the dealer gets my bike. Hopefully they won't mind adding these when they install the handlebars.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I keep looking at LED signals but the big problem with LEDs right now is the technology is moving so fast for brightness, some are great, some are not so great. Even identical signals of different vintage can vary in brightness.

It would be good for those that have, to post some pictures of how they look, compared to a conventional signal.

I like the idea, I'd just want to make sure they're bright.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep looking at LED signals but the big problem with LEDs right now is the technology is moving so fast for brightness, some are great, some are not so great. Even identical signals of different vintage can vary in brightness.

It would be good for those that have, to post some pictures of how they look, compared to a conventional signal.

I like the idea, I'd just want to make sure they're bright.
I'll try to post a pic once I get them and if my bike ever comes from the Factory. 3 weeks and waiting today, woo hoo!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm looking at getting the ones from Badlands, though they're much more expensive. But, I want to remove my speedo and this gives me the option while keeping the information. And, when doing that, I'm going to also get fork wraps for additional turn signals up front and remove the T-Bar lights.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The economy is doin ok for some of you... money to burn.
That bad that I am excusing the purchase for "safety" reasons? :)

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
The stock bulb on the MC you had to replace every 4 weeks? Ouch! Or do you mean the bulb on the lights?

The Kuryakyns only have the light on the front side, correct? These have the red on the rider side(rear) as well.

I hope they are bright enough.

My only question is does the fairing have to come off (of the XCT) to get at the turn signals and the lowbeam light so that I can splice them to add this?

If so I am hoping to get this before the dealer gets my bike. Hopefully they won't mind adding these when they install the handlebars.
It was a Simple bulb that was stock for the Harley. The voltage change would blow the bulb out.:crzy:

·
Registered
316 Posts
The economy is doin ok for some of you... money to burn.
When the oil prices are high I make less money because there is less work because the oil companys want to make as much as possiable.
When the oil prices are lower I make more money because the refineries shut down more for maintenace. Kind of opposite to what most people think of the oil business. (if you don't work in the business don't comment)

We all own motorcycles. Motorcycles from a company who's cheapest model starts at $12,900. I'd say we all have "money to burn". :)
You got that right. If we did not have money we would not be riding Victory Bikes.

We are off topic lets get back on topic Lance, and ALStensby, I wiill do the same

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was trying to take a look at the service manual (I don't have the bike yet to look at) where the wires would best be spliced at. It seems there should be(I would figure there would be as well) a place in the fairing to splice them. It looks like Dark Blue and Dark Blue and Red for the Left and Right turn signals?

I really hope the dealer doesn't mind (yeah right) doing this when they take the fairing off for the handlebar switch, especially after me waiting patiently and loyally.

MoMs emailed me once, but once I emailed back my situation and said I figured that they could probably match the deal since they are the largest volume there has been no further response.

Hopefully the mirrors arrive tomorrow and I get a call Saturday that they have the VIN and its coming in early next week. I know, pipedreaming again!!!

Other option is, looks like a forum member is selling theirs for a low price( Red XCT), however they are in Texas. With financing it(at a higher rate since used) and adding accessories it would be less than $4500 saved for a 5 month old 12,700 miles one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check my profile pictures as you can see they have been installed.

Check my profile pictures as you can see they have been installed.

The brightness is not as bright as the turn signals (both amber front and red) but they are definitely visible.

I will work on trying to get a collection of pictures both in the light and dark and you all can be the judge.

·
13,172 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Check them out here:

I should have took a turn signal picture from the backside as well, sorry.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts