Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to replace the OEM brake and shift pegs with a pair of the Kuryakyn 8021. Some web sites state its for Harley and some say they fit Victory. J&P's site adds that the bolt it attaches with has 1/4-20 threads. What is the thread dimension for the pegs on our X bikes? And how does one remove the OEM pegs?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I would check Kuryakyn's website directly first before ordering anywhere. You can search by bike, and then get the proper part number.

I say this because I just bought a set of Kuryakyn Swingwings for my bike, and different websites had conflicting parts. Once I researched it on their website and got the right part numbers, it assured me that I was ordering the right part.

·
Registered
26 Posts
check Ness he has a adapter then you could use harley pegs I switched mine to the ones on the ness cc bike they were 1.25" longer for my brake pedal, foot slipt off on a emergency brake I like them alot no slipping now and little chrome and the stoke one are just threaded on simple swap and by the way these don't use a adapter little more money

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check Ness he has a adapter then you could use harley pegs I switched mine to the ones on the ness cc bike they were 1.25" longer for my brake pedal, foot slipt off on a emergency brake I like them alot no slipping now and little chrome and the stoke one are just threaded on simple swap and by the way these don't use a adapter little more money
How did you remove the OEM pegs? Did you have to destroy them?:confused:

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to remove the OEM pegs with a strap wrench. Wasn't easy, Vic used a lot of thread locker. Speaking of threads, they are metric 8X1.25. Now to make sure the replacements have that size.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I see you got it done tight little things and you are right about the locktite when I installed my new pegs I thought I cross threaded one back it out and there was too much locktite on it ,it was binding up was glad that all it was put it on she tighten up all the way it should hope you everthing works out

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see you got it done tight little things and you are right about the locktite when I installed my new pegs I thought I cross threaded one back it out and there was too much locktite on it ,it was binding up was glad that all it was put it on she tighten up all the way it should hope you everthing works out
I experienced the same thing, so I cleaned the male and female threads with a die and tap. They go back real easy now.thumb up

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mystery solved. If you want longer brake/ shift pegs, Google Kuryakyn 8856, and go into the Phat Performance site, order item #8856 - ignore the other numbers. The 8856 has the 8X1.25 metric threads, or so I'm told. They are now on order - will report later when I receive and install them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put on the KY-8021 Longhorn ISO-Shift Peg on both the shifter and brake side of my XC..they are still larger than stock and a compliment to the ISO grips I installed. The KY-8021 came with a 5/16-24 standard bolt so of course it would not work with the 8 X1.25 thread on the XC shift and brake arms. I ended up purchasing (2) M8X1.25 X 80 mm socket head cap screws (in black) and then turned the "head" to .470" dia and cut the length to 3.00" (80 mm is ~ 3.120"). Then painted them with black enamel for rust protection. I also had to tap the XC arms with a 8 X 1.25 tap because the threads were galled a bit. I would post pictures but don't know how. I'd be more than happy to send the pictures to an email address. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RKAHAN, To post pics, first you click on the QUOTE button, then click on the paperclip in the toolbar at the top of the frame. Go to pictures, and double click the one you want. Close that window and click UPLOAD (I think that's the word) and repeat if you want more photos. The pitures won't appear until you have posted your reply.

I was thinking that I may have to do what you did, but the KY 8856 came to my rescue. It's a good thing to have a set of metric taps and dies, as I have experienced other bad threads on my Vic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put on the KY-8021 Longhorn ISO-Shift Peg on both the shifter and brake side of my XC..they are still larger than stock and a compliment to the ISO grips I installed. The KY-8021 came with a 5/16-24 standard bolt so of course it would not work with the 8 X1.25 thread on the XC shift and brake arms. I ended up purchasing (2) M8X1.25 X 80 mm socket head cap screws (in black) and then turned the "head" to .470" dia and cut the length to 3.00" (80 mm is ~ 3.120"). Then painted them with black enamel for rust protection. I also had to tap the XC arms with a 8 X 1.25 tap because the threads were galled a bit. I would post pictures but don't know how. I'd be more than happy to send the pictures to an email address. Thanks.
Added pictures. Can't find one of the finished product

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts