Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought a 2004 kingpin and it has this and i live in MN. Is it possible to remove it safely with out affecting how the bike runs or the quality of the motor? I think it ruins the clean lines of the bike. any input would be great.

thanks

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
I just bought a 2004 kingpin and it has this and i live in MN. Is it possible to remove it safely with out affecting how the bike runs or the quality of the motor? I think it ruins the clean lines of the bike. any input would be great.

thanks
Yes. Simply remove the hoses that go to the canister, and leave them as is. Toss canister away.

does this also mean that my bike might be from CA?
Yes. That means that you might have a stricter map on the bike as well, as the CA models have a gutted fuel map, and the Stage 1 map is gutted as well. Not sure if 2004 models were already affected by this or not. It won't hurt if you get a stage 1 download at your local dealer or get a fuel controller, in case you're planning for high flow air filter and less restrictive pipes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I checked the vin on my bike and it is a CA vin number. So i can remove the canister. Leave the hoses. But with the maps im a little confused on this. I am not sure yet if im going to switch to a aftermarket exhaust yet or not. I am not fond of my ears hurting lol. but i do want the bike to have the power of a normal bike that is not from CA.

I guess i will have to call the dealer on this one.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Ok I checked the vin on my bike and it is a CA vin number. So i can remove the canister. Leave the hoses. But with the maps im a little confused on this. I am not sure yet if im going to switch to a aftermarket exhaust yet or not. I am not fond of my ears hurting lol. but i do want the bike to have the power of a normal bike that is not from CA.

I guess i will have to call the dealer on this one.
I don't remember reading anything about different maps for the CA bikes. I think the only difference is the canister which is part of the fuel vapor vent system. Mine was a CA bike. The canister just fell off one day while it was parked in the garage.

Funny, I purchased mine in MN as well. hmmmmm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts