Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a side mounted plate for my 07 vegas 8-ball. I want to install it on my bike, but don't have enough for the flush mount LED turn signals. I was wondering if anyone has removed the license plate plastic bracket, cut the plate plastic area off, and left the OEM turn signals? My question would be, would there be enough plastic left to support the turn signals?
Thankscheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes like the MBW led wrap around signals. I was looking at the stock bracket, and i bet you could cut it close to the rear fender but leave the stock signals in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is what I did to my 8-ball. $110.00 for both front and rear LED signals and for me I like the more traditional look, cheers..

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I drew a pencil line from the bottom of the stock blinkers across the stock license plate assembly. I then used a Dremmel tool and zipped it off. The dremmel works awesome. I also cut off a bit of the plastic on the sides under the blinkers to round it out nicely.

I think this looks great. Also, enough room is left to put a reflector in there if you worry about being street legal.

I did this for both my old vegas and my jackpot.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I did the same as prarieson and just lopped off the big and gaudy plastic below the first plastic brace on the backside in line with the lines. Used an oscillating cutter with a wood/plastic blade. I think it turned out good i know the difference and my wife hasn't figured out I just cut on a brand new bike...yet. will update with pic later.

Damn I am glad I dont have to have all those damn reflectors...if they cant see my lights how the hell are they gonna see my reflectors--unless its too late then i am screwed either way.

·
Registered
229 Posts
This is what I did to my 8-ball. $110.00 for both front and rear LED signals and for me I like the more traditional look, cheers..
I'm thinking about doing something similar. Where did you get your turn signals from?

·
Registered
81 Posts
One of the first things I did was modify the plate bracket. I moved the plate up to the light, cut off the excess plastic, and tapered the sides. Cost was zero and I think it looks a lot better. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm thinking about doing something similar. Where did you get your turn signals from?
Hey Leighhannah,

The white LED turn signals are from J&P cycles. Part #3300013 for amber left and #3300034 for amber right. Cost is $24.99 each. On the rear I just drilled out the origional mounting screw holes and cut off the extra now exposed plastic mount to clean it up and look factory stock. The fronts are a bit more work.

Remove the stock front turn signal mounts. Remove the signals and drill out the stock holes for the metric bolts the same as the rears. The screw mounts on the new turn signals have to be shortened so I put a tube inside the screw mounts to protect the wires and used a dremal to cut the eccess off. This needs to be done for the screw mounts are too long and will hit the fork. Once this was done I lined up the signals to their proper angle and expoxied them on to the modified existing frount mounts. The whole thing took me about an hour to do. Cheers...

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Here is what i did,

·
Registered
13 Posts
With a little time, an air cutoff wheel and a piece of aluminum, I made a bracket to hang the plate below the MBW turn signals. I know, I know...the plate is a little crooked....I never opened the holes a little more to adjust. The plate is lit by LED Bolts.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts