Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of posts on here about people wanting them. Its really easy on the XC bikes, Anyone with a XC/XR/Hardball bike that needs cams, I'll come to you and show/help you do it.

You have the basic tools and I'll bring the one or two specialty ones that make it easy. Flying is not an issue (I fly for free) to a location. Just retired. Bored and want to travel a little.

Open offer, just feel like doing something and going somewhere. You buy the beer (micro-brew, hopefully something local).

Email: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
That is incredibly generous Mr Tappan- good on you thumb up

I've already got cams so no need to pack your pillow and sleeping bag :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
well after i save up some cash, how bout i just ride an hour south?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
That is a great offer for those guys who can't get enough people together for Kevinx cam party and are too far from a good mechanic. Good on you Mrtappan!

I haven't followed your other thread, (been away for awhile) how did your new PCV workout. Did it turn out that the old was was the issue?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Let me be the devil's advocate..... What are your qualifications ? I mean, it's not like these are cheap machines.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me be the devil's advocate..... What are your qualifications ? I mean, it's not like these are cheap machines.
Seventeen years mechanic, former machinist, and gasoline/diesel engine rebuilding. Cam install on these bikes is super easy. They actually designed the inside of the engine well. I really like the holes in the crankshaft for locking the cylinders at top dead center. Super convenient.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, man. That's a very generous offer. Your web site is pretty cool as well.
Yeah, I used that business as a tax write off. We never had children and the house is paid for so we needed all the deductions we could get.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What a superb offer.

Wish I had seen that two years ago.

Maybe I'll get my stock cams back from Rylan and you can put the factory ones back in for me.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I see a lot of posts on here about people wanting them. Its really easy on the XC bikes, Anyone with a XC/XR/Hardball bike that needs cams, I'll come to you and show/help you do it.

You have the basic tools and I'll bring the one or two specialty ones that make it easy. Flying is not an issue (I fly for free) to a location. Just retired. Bored and want to travel a little.

Open offer, just feel like doing something and going somewhere. You buy the beer (micro-brew, hopefully something local).

Email: [email protected]
Would you come to Alberta, Canada?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you all so put in fuel controller and set it
The only controller I've ever used are Power Commanders. I've never put faith in the three pot style controllers so I've only messed with a few of those.

Power commanders are like fifteen minute installs. I got so good installing and uninstalling the one on my bike I can do it in under ten minutes with only lifting the rear of the tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts