Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Everyone! I have a small-ish garage, and want to be able to roll my Jackpot off to the side when I have the truck parked inside.

Anyone know offhand of a manufacturer who makes a dolly that will fit a Vegas Jackpot?

I've looked at the Pit Viper dolly (both regular and cruiser models), and the Drop Tail Glyder for bikes with sidestands. Didn't even bother with Harbor Freight or Northern Tool since I figured they would be too narrow.

It's the big, fat rear tire I'm worried about...will it fit?

(But God help me, I LOVE IT! So cool looking!)

Would appreciate any info--thanks, All!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw that, thanks. Yeah, don't think the Pit Viper would work, but did talk to a salesperson at Drop Tail and he claims that the "V-Channel" design will actually accomodate a wide tire like on the Jackpot. I'd probably get a Drop Tail dolly immediately if it weren't for the $250 pricetag (and that's without shipping!).

Appreciate the response!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just looked that one up and it says up to 240mm tire. I don't know why they would state that. It does look like with that V channel it would work. I would want to try it out first. I have learned you can't trust all salesmen.

·
Registered
147 Posts
lift

I bought mine at harbor freight.. (yellow) $99.00 I ride my bike up on 2 boards about 2" height... Plenty of room to lift my bike up... have left the bike on the stand all day all the way up...

No problems at all...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point about not trusting salesmen! But I think the major plus about this design is that the v-channel doesn't actually hold the tire; it just centers it on the dolly. The other designs like the one from Harbor Freight and Pit Viper are like half an I-beam, so if the width isn't wide enough to accomodate that big back tire, the rubber ends up sitting on the "knife edge."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gibson, my shop's not equipped with a cutting torch or welder. I did consider contracting out to one of the local metal fabricators and welding shops, but depending on what they charge, it might be more economical to keep looking and see if I can find one pre-made. Talking to a guy in Canada right now who makes one called "The BikePal." There's "BikePal Chopper Dolly" that looks like it was made for a Jackpot. Waiting to hear back from him about pricing and S&H to USA.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you thought about just using a motorcycle jack? I purchased one from Sears that has tiedown straps. With the straps on the motorcycle is very sable and can be rolled around. It also makes it real easy to clean the wheels and change the oil.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use a jack I got from Harbor Freight (maybe $80?) and it works great. If you have a nice smooth and level garage floor, you shouldn't have any trouble rolling the bike around on the jack. You can always strap it down if you're worried about tipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MichaelH, hawkeye:

What's the jack look like? I thought jacks were for bike w/ centerstands.

And where are the contact points on the bottom of a Jackpot?

·
Registered
61 Posts
MichaelH, hawkeye:

What's the jack look like? I thought jacks were for bike w/ centerstands.

And where are the contact points on the bottom of a Jackpot?
Here's a pic of mine. it's for ATVs & bikes, from Harbor Freight. The pads are long enough to reach from frame rail to frame rail, but the bottom of the crankcase actually sits a little lower than the frame, depending on how far forward/backward you position the bike to get balanced.
It's about a perfect fit for a JP with a stock suspension, so if yours is lowered, you might not be able to slide this lift underneath without a ramp. Mine is a tight squeeze, but with a little wiggle it will slide right under. Works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hawkeyec: That is really cool! Thanks for sharing; I'll have to drop by Harbor Freight and check it out. (Nice bike, too.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts