Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been googling but all I'm finding is hinges and other parts dipped.
Mainly want to know how well it holds up being so close to exhaust and how well it matches the powdercoat parts.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I painted a helmet with Hi Viz plasti dip. My son has painted mirrors, wheels and a couple other things. His wheels still look good, minus a few knicks. He has peeled a coat or 2 off things like mirrors and repainted. I can tell you his did not peel as easy as some of the you tube videos. But you can peel it off.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
color choices

If you can have the bike down for a few days I would have it powder coated. You have many color options now and the stuff is pretty tuff, it should last a long time. The other option I thought of is something I used on the chrome headlight top piece for my Cross Roads. I scuffed up the chrome and used some pickup truck bed-liner out of spray can. The bed liner is sort of a rubberized black material, holds up good also. It is affordable and last, two good benefits, it does come out a kind of a wrinkled finish, so if you do not mind that it is a practical option maybe. Oh yes I believe you can get it in different colors now also. It might be worth researching a bit. Take some pictures and post up if you with what you do!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's already powder coated. Plastidip as a band-aid for the scuffed up spot on it was my thought.
I'll eventually get the exhaust ceramic coated and can probably do the sprocket cover powder coat at same time depending on cost. That will be a while off though. Guess I'll just do it and see if it holds up. Probably be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts