Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2011XC and love everything about it except the windshield. Its just too short for me. I like the looks and its fine cruising through town but on the highway its not enough. After finding out from my dealer that Victory wants over $300 for taller replacements I figured I needed to look elsewhere. I checked out the contoured ones but they don't really appeal to me. No offense to anyone using them but the look like the bike was left out in the sun too long and the windshield melted. After looking around I found Baggershields that sells an adjustable windshield for the XC and wanted to know if anyone is currently running one and could give me some advice before I buy. Here's the link to their website. www.baggershield.com

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
These are what I was talking about when I said they looked like they melted in the sun.
If you go to Cee Bailey sight you have 2 choices of styles of Shields. The Cee Bailey looks just like the stock shield just in different heights. The Cee Dragon is the contoured style you don't like. Also you can find the 7 jurock on ebay. I don't recall seeing any contoured shields their.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback but...

not to sound like a dick but I really don't care what everyone else is running unless its a Baggershield. I was just wondering if anyone here had tried one and could give me some feedback. I'm 99% sure I'm going to order one this week since I see they are running a 4th of July sale. I just wanted to hear any pros or cons there might be before ordering. I guess if no one else here has tried one I can be the guinea pig. I'll let you guys know what I think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did not want to sound like a dick either is the reason I posted an alternative windshield. I really didn't like the looks of the one you are going to put on. You might not like the looks of mine, but it is your ride and mine is my ride. We both love the same motorcycle. I saw a guy with a full steer head horns and all the other day. Hey not my thing but he liked it.

You will however want to install lowers after you raise the shield. I had a really bad updraft. So bad it blew debris under my sunglasses or my full face depending on what I used that day. Download the template from here or the other forum and use 3/16 lexan from a local glass shop. Make sure and print the template @ 100 % and tape the four pages together before cutting out the template.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Don't want to sound like a dick either but here it goes- I run a gustaffson + 1 dark tint with dark tint lowers from ebay($100.) does a nice reduction of the air. I'm 5'8", and I could of went with the +2 but it still works nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess in not trying to sound like a dick maybe I came off sounding like a dick. I just didn't want people wasting their time giving me advice on which shield when all I really wanted was feedback on a certain product. I apologize for coming off as abrasive as it did. I totally agree with your statement that everyone has different opinions of what looks good on their bike. Case in point below.

I did not want to sound like a dick either is the reason I posted an alternative windshield. I really didn't like the looks of the one you are going to put on. You might not like the looks of mine, but it is your ride and mine is my ride. We both love the same motorcycle. I saw a guy with a full steer head horns and all the other day. Hey not my thing but he liked it.

You will however want to install lowers after you raise the shield. I had a really bad updraft. So bad it blew debris under my sunglasses or my full face depending on what I used that day. Download the template from here or the other forum and use 3/16 lexan from a local glass shop. Make sure and print the template @ 100 % and tape the four pages together before cutting out the template.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the way thank you much for the tip on the lowers.cheers The updraft has been bugging the crap out of me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got it yesterday

So far great service from these guys. I pulled the trigger and ordered a Baggershield on Friday and it was waiting for me when I got home from work on Monday. I'm going to put it on tonight and take her for a spin. I'll post a review tomorrow and try to get some pictures up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but was wondering what you think of the baggershield now that you've got enough miles for a long-term review. I ordered one today and am wondering about long term quality, and how much updraft you experienced with it, effect it had on buffeting @ around 65 - 80 mph...

The wife and I are headed to the American Victory Rally in a couple weeks, so I'm trying to take care of the buffeting before my ride from Kansas City. I can handle it locally, but I imagine on a 7 hour ride it would take quite a toll on the rider (plus it would be a good thing to be able to see where you are going and my eyes right now shake so much it's hard to read the signs)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts