Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was kind of wondering since owning your Victory perhaps it was new perhaps not, are you still running your bike without any fuel pack helper? How do you like it what do you think of it? I realize some are going to say they aren't interested in going the route of a Power Commander but question is aren't you curious how much better your bike would run with added fuel? Or does the bike get better stock without the piggy back PC? Just curious.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
You just opened another Pandora's Box with that. Just like oil and tires, there's going to be a flood of differing replies. Including mine, which is; How much do you want to spend? How much control do you want over your AFR? Do you want to fiddle with a computer hookup?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You just opened another Pandora's Box with that. Just like oil and tires, there's going to be a flood of differing replies. Including mine, which is; How much do you want to spend? How much control do you want over your AFR? Do you want to fiddle with a computer hookup?
I appreciate your input, I have been running a PCV and Autotune since the bike was new , 30000km, I'm not looking for a debate such happens when we mention the O word , just simple input , thoughts etc.:grin

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The prior owner of my bike ran it for years with only the O2 disconnected and otherwise bone stock.
In his words stock can get you in trouble, more just gets you there faster.
I find the stock CCT sluggish compared to what I'm used to so going with a little tuning fun.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Had mine for 6 years now and still running stock. Thought about adding filter, pvc, timing wheel, etc. but my XR has more than enough power as it is so I figured best to leave it alone (for now!).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Had mine for 6 years now and still running stock. Thought about adding filter, pvc, timing wheel, etc. but my XR has more than enough power as it is so I figured best to leave it alone (for now!).
+1thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
The question people have after adding a PCV or a Maximus tune is: “why would anyone run without one”.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
My CCT oa bone stock
O2 disconnected
Exhaust gutted

My Jack-Hammer a bit souped up to say the least ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The question people have after adding a PCV or a Maximus tune is: “why would anyone run without one”.
I think that is the case with every bike made in the last 20 years...
Carb or EFI if you let them breathe and tune for the extra air it's like a new bike. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that is the case with every bike made in the last 20 years...
Carb or EFI if you let them breathe and tune for the extra air it's like a new bike. :)
The key word is Carb, we can do so much more with a Carburated motor.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
My signature sez it all, but what it doesn't say is how and why it all began. Out of the box (literally) she was very tight and like all 106s, it took about 3K to break 'er in. Even before that was done, when a red light turned to green and I'd ease on the throttle and clutch, she'd cough and die unless I gave her a good blip prior. Per forum info, I disconnected the O2s and put on a Lloydz IAV and that helped to reduce that problem. About that time, the forum was alive with praise for the ATS, so I succumbed and wow, did that ever wake up my 106! Of course, after that, pipes, filter and a fuel controller were in order. What really drew that all together was temporarily hooking up a digital AFR meter and dialing in the AFRs with the VFCIII to get what the 106 needs for a richer, stronger, smoother run.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The prior owner of my bike ran it for years with only the O2 disconnected and otherwise bone stock.
In his words stock can get you in trouble, more just gets you there faster.
I find the stock CCT sluggish compared to what I'm used to so going with a little tuning fun.
I kind of wish I left mine alone for a bit so I could really see the difference with the bike broken in and coming more alive compared to dumping fuel down it’s throat and well we know what that gives them:grin

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My signature sez it all, but what it doesn't say is how and why it all began. Out of the box (literally) she was very tight and like all 106s, it took about 3K to break 'er in. Even before that was done, when a red light turned to green and I'd ease on the throttle and clutch, she'd cough and die unless I gave her a good blip prior. Per forum info, I disconnected the O2s and put on a Lloydz IAV and that helped to reduce that problem. About that time, the forum was alive with praise for the ATS, so I succumbed and wow, did that ever wake up my 106! Of course, after that, pipes, filter and a fuel controller were in order. What really drew that all together was temporarily hooking up a digital AFR meter and dialing in the AFRs with the VFCIII to get what the 106 needs for a richer, stronger, smoother run.
Bravo to you , excellent description and lead up to the inevitable end of its lean condition, exactly what I was looking for.
So what is this talk of an AFR meter and dialing in the afr’s? You say richer , isn’t that the same as what an auto tune can do , dial in the afr’s to the afr map? Interested in this VFCIII you speak of.:grin

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stock with degree wheel + 3. Runs fine.
Never been curious how more fuel added would feel like? Or just weren’t interested? I know my first ride home on my bike , and the first 3 hour ride home was actually my test ride, was a feeling of wow now I see what all the hype was about .

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Bravo to you , excellent description and lead up to the inevitable end of its lean condition, exactly what I was looking for.
So what is this talk of an AFR meter and dialing in the afr’s? You say richer , isn’t that the same as what an auto tune can do , dial in the afr’s to the afr map? Interested in this VFCIII you speak of.:grin
The VFCIII is a Dobeck type manual tuner that the rider has full control of. I can adjust the fuel for idle, cruise and accelerate. Without the AFR meter, I was just guessing and going by feel. With the meter, I can set my ratios in real world conditions.
Anyone reading this, who like me, is a bang-for-the-buck type of guy, Lloydz VFCIIIs pop up frequently on Facebook's Victory Motorcycle buy sell and trade for $150 or less and guys go to other controllers.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The key word is Carb, we can do so much more with a Carburated motor.
Not sure about that. I picked up the PVCX so I have full access to timing tables, fuel, etc that my carb Honda doesn't let me play with.

My Honda cruiser can pick the front wheel off the ground if I wanted it to. Not good gas mileage on that so I went a little more conservative but it still makes the CCT feel like it has the smaller engine.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Never been curious how more fuel added would feel like? Or just weren’t interested? I know my first ride home on my bike , and the first 3 hour ride home was actually my test ride, was a feeling of wow now I see what all the hype was about .
I am curious for sure but........... I've been down the modifying road for 40 years. I've never been convinced I could substantially improve on the factory set up. Yea I know today things are different but I'd like to know that if I wanted a top of the line processor installed and dyno tuned with cams I'd like the ability to have it all removed and get my money back if I thought it wasn't worth it. That's not going to happen. I'm not ready to spend a couple thousand dollars unless my bike ran better and stronger at all throttle openings, at all rpms, didn't ping or backfire and got better mileage. That is the ONLY way I'd spend that kind of cash.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure about that. I picked up the PVCX so I have full access to timing tables, fuel, etc that my carb Honda doesn't let me play with.

My Honda cruiser can pick the front wheel off the ground if I wanted it to. Not good gas mileage on that so I went a little more conservative but it still makes the CCT feel like it has the smaller engine.
I meant more that with carb we could jet up or down and check with a plug chop.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My Jack has torque-tube intake, Bassani Road Rage pipes and who knows what else inside. No tuner. Love the way it runs. A little back-firing when feathering the throttle, but otherwise, I see no need to blow 1,000 clams on tuning.:eek

1 - 20 of 44 Posts