1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
476 Posts
I haven't seen them, but that bike is known here as "porti". Someone here will be able to tell you where those are coming from. I think that that bike went to Tx. Around Houston. Could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
I haven't seen them, but that bike is known here as "porti". Someone here will be able to tell you where those are coming from. I think that that bike went to Tx. Around Houston. Could be wrong.
I was just going to say that was Diamond's old bike "Porti" but you beat me to it. Yes. It went to somewhere in TX.

I like the concept. Much like the hydrographics that are available now. It may be done the same way by transferring an image to the hydro film then dipped.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was just going to say that was Diamond's old bike "Porti" but you beat me to it. Yes. It went to somewhere in TX.

I like the concept. Much like the hydrographics that are available now. It may be done the same way by transferring an image to the hydro film then dipped.
I thought that was porti! Didn't someone else in the forum buy porti from diamond?

Assuming it's the same process, how durable to do you think it is? That's my big worry, that, and it looking like I slapped a big sticker on the side of the bike, not really part of the bike.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I thought that was porti! Didn't someone else in the forum buy porti from diamond?

Assuming it's the same process, how durable to do you think it is? That's my big worry, that, and it looking like I slapped a big sticker on the side of the bike, not really part of the bike.
Honestly, that's kind of how it looks to me. It's painted, but other than that it's just a flat piece of metal...so there's no real texture or machining, so it might just look like you took a flat piece of metal and slapped a sticker on it.

I'd love something like this if the design was actually raised and painted...something like I have as my avatar photo you see on my posts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts