Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
There's been a thread on this, on the other forum, for a couple of months now. I don't believe anyone's actually received one yet, although some folks say they've ordered them. See -- and take out my hyphens in this link, because this forum censors references to the other one:

http://www.t-h-e-v-o-g.net/threads/cool-new-part.54548/

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
don't you just love censorship and fear of competition.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Go to gascapitalcustoms.com... One of our members Chainsaw make a unit that is way cooler. Chainsaws doesn't look like a beak from the side. Chainsaw makes all kinds of neat stuff for our XC's.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
don't you just love censorship and fear of competition.
A lot can be said, positively, about this forum, but the censorship makes it look pretty silly. At least t-h-e-V-O-G doesn't do that, i.e., you can paste links on it to this forum.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I saw it on the other forum but didn't find anything about it here so thought I'd bring it up in case others hadn't seen it yet.

I myself don't mind the bird beak look and like it. But I'm all for customization of our bikes, so if someone else wants to design another bezel option I'm all about it. Just thought it was a pretty awesome idea that adds a mean look to the front end. Bring on the mods lol.

And I'm not a member of the other forum; however, frequent it often. Many great posts and very helpful information from more great folks like here.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yeah I saw it on the other forum but didn't find anything about it here so thought I'd bring it up in case others hadn't seen it yet.

I myself don't mind the bird beak look and like it. But I'm all for customization of our bikes, so if someone else wants to design another bezel option I'm all about it. Just thought it was a pretty awesome idea that adds a mean look to the front end. Bring on the mods lol.

And I'm not a member of the other forum; however, frequent it often. Many great posts and very helpful information from more great folks like here.

Agree with you on all counts.

I'm a member of both -- heck, both are free. That means that it takes a whole cup of coffee for me to check through the new stuff that interests me each morning.

OTOH, I'm retired, and also I'm not going riding any time soon:

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agree with you on all counts.

I'm a member of both -- heck, both are free. That means that it takes a whole cup of coffee for me to check through the new stuff that interests me each morning.

OTOH, I'm retired, and also I'm not going riding any time soon:

Well I feel Ya on the weather, NW Indiana is pretty much the same. However, I am not retired, so I have to pick and choose what topics to read daily instead of them all lol.

And I really should become a member of the other Vic forum; but I have a hard enough time keeping up on my old Suzuki C50 and Honda forums that another one would probably make me drink three pots of coffee and miss work daily lol.

·
13,264 Posts
since Andy sold the v-o-g it has gone down hill. New owners are out for the money and don't care about the members

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I don't think I have ever clicked on that website even once . Have no interest in it now either ....

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
depending on how much headlight interference there is with either of them, i plan on getting either the evil eyz or the GCC bezel for mine

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Drew, Gas Capital Customs all the way! It looks better in my opinion.
I would have to agree. I don't like the point on the bottom. Kewl metal has a new one coming out where the point goes up instead of down. Looks ok but doesn't flow with the lines of the fairing.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Drew, Gas Capital Customs all the way! It looks better in my opinion.

ive been in contact with him about it, but if it covers as much if the headlight(hibeam) as he thinks it will i will have to pass, living in the country riding as much as i do at night my headlight is very important

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
That gas capital customs bezel looks like it blocks most of the low beam...

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys!
Yes I am also making a bezel,.. something I have been working on for close to 9 months now. It resembles the Evil Eyz,.. which it should because they tried to copy my "Mean Mug" design I have been making for 3 years now for Road Glides, but changed it up by then copying the name of my other Road Glide bezel called the Evil Eyes (yes, I spell it right, they don't). Coincidence that it looks like one of my bezels I have been making for 3 years, and named after another one I have been making for over a year??? I'll let you make that call.
I made a couple very honest postings on my gas capital customs facebook page about how I feel about both the Evil Eyz clowns and the Kewl Metal (John Shope designed and manufactured) bezels so I won't bring that negative attitude here as well.

I will give you positive news though!! Even though I could of already been in production and shipping my bezels out before the other competition, I have yet again decided to rework and tweak it. My fit is perfect,.. too perfect in fact. It was too close to the headlamp, and I didn't want it to damage customers lens incase they removed the bezel someday. I also don't want it sticking out like a bird beak,.. all of my stuff I design and make flows with the bike and doesn't stick out away from the bike. So it will take me some more time to get it right. Also I am going to try to not make the "brow" hang down so far. I want it to look mean and aggressive, but as its been said before I also don't want to make it dangerous because it blocks all your light. However there will be some sacrifice there, but hopefully not much. Once I am ready to make a mold of my prototype, it won't be but a couple days after that and Ill be ready to ship. All my stuff is made with my 2 hands, in my garage in my free time. I know my materials, I have been making the best looking road glide bezels for years with great customer reviews about fitment and quality.

I am attaching a couple pics of the last prototype design in primer.. again, this is changing as I write this to fix a couple things I was not happy with, but it gives you an idea of what the finished product may look like.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts