Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a while back seeing that someone was painting parts in the Victoria matte orange. Anyone still doing that? I have some parts I'd like to get painted.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Witchdoctors the has OEM paint and clear. I bought it and have had a few parts painted by a local guy including a trunk and a 21" fender. All have come out quite nice. You may be tempted to skip the matte clear and have the local shop use what they have but I can tell you from experience that they will have a hard time matching it and it will make a big difference in the end appearance. I printed the PDFs from the "Instructions" tab on their website and gave that to the painter as well. It seemed to answer any questions he had.

Suede Nuclear Sunset (Matte) Paint - 625 in Victory Cross Country Paint & Touch Up Kits - Victory Cross Country - Shop Parts and Accessories - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have some of that paint already, but I'm not confident in my ability to paint. I suppose I should just find someone who paints and see what they can do with it.

Yeah, so much for that 10 years of support Victory's were supposed to get.

Witchdoctors the has OEM paint and clear. I bought it and have had a few parts painted by a local guy including a trunk and a 21" fender. All have come out quite nice. You may be tempted to skip the matte clear and have the local shop use what they have but I can tell you from experience that they will have a hard time matching it and it will make a big difference in the end appearance. I printed the PDFs from the "Instructions" tab on their website and gave that to the painter as well. It seemed to answer any questions he had.

Suede Nuclear Sunset (Matte) Paint - 625 in Victory Cross Country Paint & Touch Up Kits - Victory Cross Country - Shop Parts and Accessories - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wouldn't think a local shop would have any issues using paint you provide, my guy didn't. In fact they'd probably prefer it to trying to match the color and matte finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts