Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used there 70 weight in my blown alcohol motor for years and there 20W50 in nitrous motors. Just bought an XC and looked at their website to see they make a motorcycle oil. This is the best oil I have used in race motors I would be shocked to hear anything bad about there motorcycle oil but thought I would see what people have to say.

www.penngrade1.com/Products/Motor-Oils/SAE-20W50.aspx

I will be using it this summer for sure so if no one has experience with it I will let everyone know in a few months.

Looks like $5.00 per quart is the going rate. I am sure people will be asking so I'll put it in the original thread.

·
13,177 Posts
have you ever had it analyzed to see if its doing a good job?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I have never had the oil analyzed, but I have never seen everything internally look so good on a rebuild as they do with the Brad Penn oil.
Bearing surfaces look better with this oil than any other I have seen. I am old school I think the best way to see the results of your oil is when the motor is taken apart and inspected. I haven't had a Vic motor apart yet so I was hoping someone that has experience having these motors apart would be able to share what they have seen. We have had a lot of different engine combinations in the shop with a lot of different oils in them and from my personal experience this oil is what I believe in and will be trying in my bike until I see evidence that it is not good in a Vic motor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How did you determine it ran hotter? How much hotter?
I just had one of those temp gauges attached to the dip stick. Also, it felt hotter on my leg. Brad Penn is sorta of an old school oil, it has higher level of zinc in it which is why I think it shifted smoother.
Only about 5 degrees hotter.

·
Registered
679 Posts
From their website it doesn't meet what Victory specs are. At least in my owners manual it says 20W-40. So if you use it you are going against both Brad Penn's and Victorys reccomendations.

Also suitable for use in S&S®, RevTech®, Triumph®, Ducati®, BMW®, Victory®, and other domestic and imported motorcycles where an SAE 20W-50 viscosity, API SJ, SH, SG, CH-4, C

·
Registered
251 Posts
From their website it doesn't meet what Victory specs are. At least in my owners manual it says 20W-40. So if you use it you are going against both Brad Penn's and Victorys reccomendations.

Also suitable for use in S&S®, RevTech®, Triumph®, Ducati®, BMW®, Victory®, and other domestic and imported motorcycles where an SAE 20W-50 viscosity, API SJ, SH, SG, CH-4, C
Does anyone except victory make a 20w-40. I doubt it. 20w-50 or even 10w-40 is fine. That is just a game Victory plays to get you to buy their oil.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Does anyone except victory make a 20w-40. I doubt it. 20w-50 or even 10w-40 is fine. That is just a game Victory plays to get you to buy their oil.
I couldn't say if the difference between the 40W to a 50W is significant, but that IS what Victory specifies, and if you think that the oil Victory has made for them isn't a 40W (from your above post) I question your intelligence.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I couldn't say if the difference between the 40W to a 50W is significant, but that IS what Victory specifies, and if you think that the oil Victory has made for them isn't a 40W (from your above post) I question your intelligence.
I didn't say it was not really a 40W, I said no one else makes it. Yamaha does the same thing. They require an odd weight oil so you will think you have to buy their oil. Please take a look at the other oil threads and see what other user forum users use for their weight of oil. And there is no reason to be rude about it, I was not trying to insult you, I was just telling you the way it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts