Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team:

Installing lower wind deflectors will be enough to stop the buffeting?

Any suggestions about this ones:

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
I don't know about those, but I have the Vic ones and like what they do for me on my XR.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Those you have pictured along with a windshield that fits your height will solve 90% of the buffeting issues. I have those with a Madstad bracket setup with the stock XC shield (started with a Ness Flip shield 98% percent solved). Works great for me at 5'10". I don't like the look of the Madstad brackets so I am going to sell them. I have ordered a 12" long ride shield to put in it's place. I'm gonna sell the brackets for $70 when the new shield arrives if anyone wants them. The stock shield does not go with, I am keeping that.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Can I use both at the same time? the lower wind deflectors on the forks plus the Fairing Air Deflectors?
No those fork mounted deflectors will interfere with the fairing deflectors. Okay, let me be specific, its possible to use both at the same time but you will not be able to adjust the fairing deflectors and the fork mounts will be angled back some. It might be possible to trim the lower portion of the fairing defectors to work around the fork mounts but you'll have to take a lot of material off making them less effective.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the deflectors you have pictured here. They flat out work. Re- direct the flow of air from up under the fairing around you & smooth the flow nicely. Will cause you slightly more heat due to the fact they block some air but not bad at all.

·
13,002 Posts
Don't have a cc so I don't know. Was thinking of this the other day.
If you have some Duct tape please try this.
Take a strip of Duct tape and put it from one fork to the other just below the bottom of the fairing.
Basicly what I'm trying to say is I don't think the bottom of the fairing comes down far enough. So with one or two strips of Duct tape running from fork to fork might stop the buffeting

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
The CCT windshield brackets easily fit onto any CC. The advantage of the CCT brackets is they hold the windshield away from the fairing for the entire lower length. This produces a venturi effect which greatly adds to the no buffeting effect on the CCT.

I replaced my oem (18") CCT windshield with a 15" 7JuRock windshield and find it perfect for my 5'10.5" height.

And yes, the CCT lower fairing air deflectors also work wonders.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The fork mounted deflectors you're looking at won't do it on their own but then again no single fix works to eliminate buffeting. I use the fork mounted deflectors and a Klockwerks flared window with good success.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I made a set just like picture have them on a cross roads tall windshield great, you could smoke no problem. Even though I don't smoke. Yes they make your ride a little hotter but I can't tell that engine runs any hotter on thermoter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts