Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They look like the perfect alternative for me. My legs get a bit cramped on long rides, don't want to use forward controls, don't want to use highway pegs, and not crazy about using a 4" extender unless I have no alternative.

These are simple replacements for the existing pegs, but you can unlock and swing the arm outwards and forwards (2"+2"). Problem is, you have to unlock them with your hands, so you have to do this before getting on the road.

Looking for positive/negative feedback on them before purchasing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They look like the perfect alternative for me. My legs get a bit cramped on long rides, don't want to use forward controls, don't want to use highway pegs, and not crazy about using a 4" extender unless I have no alternative.

These are simple replacements for the existing pegs, but you can unlock and swing the arm outwards and forwards (2"+2"). Problem is, you have to unlock them with your hands, so you have to do this before getting on the road.

Looking for positive/negative feedback on them before purchasing.

These are exactly what I was thinking of getting for my Jackpot for highway pegs instead of getting bars, clamps, and seperate pegs.

I'm signing papers on the Jackpot today at lunch...so obviously I'm not using them yet... :)

Just a thought, it's not a big deal to pull over and flip them out if it's not a complex task, then you can play catchup to your buddies if you're riding with them ;)

·
Premium Member
13,709 Posts
Those look like a good alternative to extensions. Plus, when they are closed you get a floorboard effect which will spoil you to the point of never wanting to go back to just plain pegs. At least that's what happened when I installed some Kury heel rests on a Night Train a couple of years ago. I kept them and got the adapter to use them on the JP I had for a while.

·
Registered
566 Posts
BANDIT:
I don't want floorboards but would like more adjustability for longer rides in my foot location.

So how did these work out on the Hammer? I know you don't have that bike any more, but if you're still around, I'd love to hear what your overall impressions ended up being, thumbs up or down?

If you're still around, please share or anyone else who may have bought these. cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those look like a good alternative to extensions. Plus, when they are closed you get a floorboard effect which will spoil you to the point of never wanting to go back to just plain pegs. At least that's what happened when I installed some Kury heel rests on a Night Train a couple of years ago. I kept them and got the adapter to use them on the JP I had for a while.

Do you have pictures of the heal rests

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BANDIT:
I don't want floorboards but would like more adjustability for longer rides in my foot location.

So how did these work out on the Hammer? I know you don't have that bike any more, but if you're still around, I'd love to hear what your overall impressions ended up being, thumbs up or down?

If you're still around, please share or anyone else who may have bought these. cheers
They were perfect for me in every way. I liked them so much, that I kept them swung open probably 85% of the time, I would only close them when I knew I'd be riding aggressively, they did scrape quickly.

They give you about 2" forward, and also 2" out at the same time, so you can get a total of a 4" stretch with them. The nicest thing is that you can really get about 4 different foot positions with them, all at varying rates of stretch. Much of the time I found that heel on the peg and angling my toes outward to have the toe of my boot on the outstretched wing was my ideal position. On long rides I could alter my foot position enough to keep from getting cramped or going numb. Throwing my feet all the way out on the outstretched wing was like using highway pegs.

When I wanted to, I'd just fold 'em back up, and it was like riding at stock peg position, but with more under my boot, like a mini floorboard.

Overall, it was m favorite mod on the bike. If my new bike didn't have floorboards, I would absolutely use these again.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Outstanding! That kind of first hand experience is super useful in making a decision. I cant thank u enough for the detail. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had mine for about a year and a half. The only complaint I have is that they are getting loose at the pivot. The arm that swings out has a lot of slop in it now. I stripped out the allen screw trying to squeeze it back together.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is an old thread I realize but I recently purchased these and am very disappointed.

Don't know if they changed the design or what. But the stock fitting has gears inside so once tight the pegs can't spin or unscrew.

But the adapter for Victory (I have a hammer) is just smooth, no gears. Even tightening the **** out of it will not prevent it from spinning with just modest pressure.

Either that, or I'm a total idiot and can't install them correctly!

Anyway, they are going back and I'm still on the search for highway type pegs.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
This is an old thread I realize but I recently purchased these and am very disappointed.

Don't know if they changed the design or what. But the stock fitting has gears inside so once tight the pegs can't spin or unscrew.

But the adapter for Victory (I have a hammer) is just smooth, no gears. Even tightening the **** out of it will not prevent it from spinning with just modest pressure.

Either that, or I'm a total idiot and can't install them correctly!

Anyway, they are going back and I'm still on the search for highway type pegs.
Thanks! I need some bad and your opinion helped.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're welcome.

Actually just took them off today and put the stock pegs back on until I find something better.

Looking at the adapter for Vic's again I have no idea why they would make it like they did. I almost wonder if the ones I got missed a step in manufacturing. There is no way these would hold and not unscrew with the design.

I would even go so far as to say they are not safe.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just use stainless steel star washers between the mounts to add friction.
All I see in the link is a set of male adapters got foot pegs to mount to.

I make my own mounts, and have made cruise pegs for the cross country. I am using a set I made for the cc on my glodwing trike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update.

I did order the 'splined adapter' linked above and it works as intended. Just rode to ATL and back from central Florida and the pegs were nice.

I still think the first ones I have must have skipped a step in manufacturing.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
think you gained any ground clearance for cornering using these pegs?
I'm wearing the bottoms off mine, scrapers broke off ages ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts